Possible Attack on Titan review?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
King Green
Officer

Possible Attack on Titan review?

Post by King Green »

Just want to check if somebody tipped Chuck to review a couple of episodes of the anime/light novel listed above?

Plus I still feel sad of Sasha's death, bump for tears.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
AquaReggie
Officer

Re: Possible Attack on Titan review?

Post by AquaReggie »

Please spoiler tag that!

While I'd actually be interested to see Chuck look at Attack on Titan's story and themes, but it'd be a big project to do the full thing. AoT is getting ready for its 4th and apparently final season, but that's still a lot of episodes. (Personally I actually prefer the art style of the manga, with its slightly less prettied-up characters).

Assuming for a second that we're talking about the anime - the story changes a LOT from the first season to the 3rd and upcoming 4th, and in my opinion improves over that time. Eren and Mikasa honestly can be a bit annoying at first, which is a problem when they're two of the three main characters.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm worried that there would be complaints if Chuck did a partial review, but that a full series review is a major ask.
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

True, while he would require $400+ for each the 4 series (1 season = $100) I will predict that chuck will love the world building and political allegorys. Maybe the Berserk manga will make chuck see Janeway as a roach compared to Guts.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
AquaReggie
Officer

Post by AquaReggie »

At least it's slightly more comprehensible than Escaflowne.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Some guy put "draw a scene from attack on titan in the box" in his special requests when ordering a pizza. The pizza came with the words "Watch better anime".
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville