Tory Trek

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Artabax
Officer

Tory Trek

Post by Artabax »

Tory Trek

Steve Shives posted a video
What do Conservatives like about Star Trek?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNNWWdsEYGg

I will start with what “conservatives” hate about Trek, the fact that “catholic” Trekkers, those who Got the Memo TM call us “conservatives” at all.

Classic Trek was about Equality, about Liberty and Justice for all, about MLK's dream that a man be judged by the quality of his character NOT the colour of his skin.

Social Justice Trek is all about judging by the colour of his skin. SJW is all about the Oppression Olympics TM. Blacks outrank whites, Gays outrank straights, Wammyn outrank men. Trans outrank cis. Muslims outrank everybody in the whole Universe.

And best of all, if anybody objects to this Caste System, then the catholics call us “Alt-Right”. I remember DS9, a planet with a Caste System cannot join the Fed. Now, that is the Zeroth Directive of the EU in SPAAACE.
Self sealing stem bolts don't just seal themselves, you know.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: Tory Trek

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Okay, I'm sorry but could you break down the whole "who is the bad guy" in your argument?

So the Catholics are enforcing a Muslim and trans based caste system?

I know I should leave this alone but I kind of admit my curiosity is driving me here to poke a wasp nest.
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Don’t forget the EU, clearly an important part of the Catholic plot to promote Islam.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

GreyICE wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:52 am Don’t forget the EU, clearly an important part of the Catholic plot to promote Islam.
I'm sad, as a Freemason I'm not even important to be be part of the good conspiracies anymore.
Artabax
Officer

Post by Artabax »

I don't mean Roman catholic I mean Trekkie catholic. I mean loyal to Kurtzman's Vision TM. I refer to that "Didn't get the memo" speech which damned every complaint as heresy and toxic. Since I am an heretic, this means that any Kurtzmanites are defined as the catholics.

https://www.space.com/star-trek-toxic-fandom.html

Sir Patrick Stewart said that "Picard" is all about Brexit. He identified Fed as EU in Spaace.

As for Masonic involvement in the Conspiracy, I could tell you, ut then I would have to kill you and bury you heart between high and low tides.
Self sealing stem bolts don't just seal themselves, you know.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I feel like the desire to see Kurtzman as the Pope of a Conspiracy to Hurt White Men misses that:

1. Picard is a white man

2. Lorca and Pike are both white men, guest stars for a season or not. So is Saru's actor.

3. ALEX KURTZMAN is a white man.

4. Who absolutely gives a shit if on one or two or however many shows there are leads who aren't white men?

Deep Space Nine didn't need fucking O'Brien as the star. Even if he was.
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Artabax wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:48 am I don't mean Roman catholic I mean Trekkie catholic. I mean loyal to Kurtzman's Vision TM. I refer to that "Didn't get the memo" speech which damned every complaint as heresy and toxic. Since I am an heretic, this means that any Kurtzmanites are defined as the catholics.
Well thank you for that decoder ring. So the space Catholics are Muslim?

Damn, this could actually be a fun science fiction story if it wouldn't piss everyone off. I mean there's a hare's breath of difference between Islam and Christianity (it's literally just one more prophet) so in a future where both Islam and Christianity are declining they decide to merge...
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
unknownsample
Officer

Post by unknownsample »

Artabax wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:55 pm Tory Trek

Steve Shives posted a video
What do Conservatives like about Star Trek?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNNWWdsEYGg

I will start with what “conservatives” hate about Trek, the fact that “catholic” Trekkers, those who Got the Memo TM call us “conservatives” at all.

Classic Trek was about Equality, about Liberty and Justice for all, about MLK's dream that a man be judged by the quality of his character NOT the colour of his skin.

Social Justice Trek is all about judging by the colour of his skin. SJW is all about the Oppression Olympics TM. Blacks outrank whites, Gays outrank straights, Wammyn outrank men. Trans outrank cis. Muslims outrank everybody in the whole Universe.

And best of all, if anybody objects to this Caste System, then the catholics call us “Alt-Right”. I remember DS9, a planet with a Caste System cannot join the Fed. Now, that is the Zeroth Directive of the EU in SPAAACE.
Sir this is a Wendy's
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

GreyICE wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:27 pm
Artabax wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:48 am I don't mean Roman catholic I mean Trekkie catholic. I mean loyal to Kurtzman's Vision TM. I refer to that "Didn't get the memo" speech which damned every complaint as heresy and toxic. Since I am an heretic, this means that any Kurtzmanites are defined as the catholics.
Well thank you for that decoder ring. So the space Catholics are Muslim?

Damn, this could actually be a fun science fiction story if it wouldn't piss everyone off. I mean there's a hare's breath of difference between Islam and Christianity (it's literally just one more prophet) so in a future where both Islam and Christianity are declining they decide to merge...
I wonder how Judaism would factor into that? Whould EVERY scet and denomination of Christianity and Islam be on board or would you get radical offshoots? Would said offshoots start doing the terrorism like many of their forefathers?

There's potential here.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Also, Trek isn't an actual religion, people. Futurama was making a JOKE.