God-Empress Janeway returns in 2021

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Asvarduil
Officer

God-Empress Janeway returns in 2021

Post by Asvarduil »

According to Ars Technica, Janeway's coming back in Star Trek: Prodigy. (Source: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/10/captain-janeway-and-kate-mulgrew-coming-back-to-star-trek-in-2021/)

SFDebris, I hope you haven't put all your psycho Janeway jokes in cold storage, I think your career of making fun of Janeway has just been given a second wind.

I, for one, welcome my new God Empress and/or final boss of the Alpha, Beta, and Delta Quadrants.
Hero_Of_Shadows
Officer

Re: God-Empress Janeway returns in 2021

Post by Hero_Of_Shadows »

You will kneel or you will perish.

I've said it before I hope the plot for the new show is that the kids need to bribe her with cofee each episode, either she gets a new blend per episode or she seeks SF on them for stealing the ship.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Blood for the blood god, coffee for the coffee god
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

BURN HERITIC!!! BURN FOR HER NAME!!!

GLORY TO THE WOMB OF THE IMMATERIUM!!!
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

I'm getting my 3600 baud modem out of storage so I can be ready to sign up for Star Trek: CompuServe.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

Harry Kim: On your knees for the mistress! The hour has come! SHE has come! Who is beyond good and evil? Who is the Prophet of Starfleet? Who is the Rock, the Chain, and the Lightning? All powerful! All unforgiving! All conquering! WHO IS YOUR NEW GOD NOW AND FOREVER?

Janeway: Janeway is

Janeway: See what I have made! Imagine what is yet to come! I take away their confusion and give them obedience. I take away their fear of themselves and give them fear of Janeway. I have liberated them from the chaos and indecision! I have given one straight path! One clear purpose! One goal: To die for Janeway!

Janeway: You can't control me, you can't destroy me, and there is no prision in the multiverse that can hold me.

Janeway: There is no god but Admiral Janeway. So kneel now or later. In the end, you will kneel.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

PerrySimm wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:48 pm I'm getting my 3600 baud modem out of storage so I can be ready to sign up for Star Trek: CompuServe.
Official Star Trek was available only through MSN.
Rodan56
Officer

Post by Rodan56 »

You all realize that the different writer will likely change Janeway's personality to a degree where she DOESN'T read like a tyrannical sociopath on par with Rick Sanchez, right? She'll just likely end up reading like she was originally supposed to before they became too afraid of making the first female captain wrong once in a while.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Rodan56 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:49 pm You all realize that the different writer will likely change Janeway's personality to a degree where she DOESN'T read like a tyrannical sociopath on par with Rick Sanchez, right? She'll just likely end up reading like she was originally supposed to before they became too afraid of making the first female captain wrong once in a while.
Indeed. I predict that she'll be the ''generic kind-hearted but steely woman boss'' that she was intended to be.
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

With hints of Neelix becoming her exotic rug. Lol
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.