DISCO Renewed for Season Four

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Makeshift Python
Captain

DISCO Renewed for Season Four

Post by Makeshift Python »

https://deadline.com/2020/10/star-trek-discovery-renewed-season-4-cbs-all-access-production-start-date-1234598765/

Anyone willing to bet this show will last longer than ENTERPRISE?
TGLS
Captain

Re: DISCO Renewed for Season Four

Post by TGLS »

I'll put up to $100.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

It seems that way, and I'd argue it will keep improving. Though I really wish this came out in the heyday of cable TV and it wasn't direct to streaming. I think cable news helped TV shows and streaming has to some extent hurt it, at least for longer-running franchises.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

WHATTTTT....but I thought it was doomed and doomed Star Trek and everything was cancelled!

:)
Link8909
Captain

Post by Link8909 »

Awesome, I hope the new setting of ultra-futuristic wild west stays for future seasons and doesn't get fixed by the end of this season.

And while it's certain Discovery will have more seasons, I'm not sure it will end up having more episodes than Enterprise, I just hope that it goes out on its own terms, rather than getting cancelled like The Original Series or Enterprise.
"I think, when one has been angry for a very long time, one gets used to it. And it becomes comfortable like…like old leather. And finally… it becomes so familiar that one can't remember feeling any other way."

- Jean-Luc Picard
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:54 am WHATTTTT....but I thought it was doomed and doomed Star Trek and everything was cancelled!

That's what CBS WANTED you to think!
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Oh I'm excited about this after how season 3 ended.
..What mirror universe?
Captain Crimson
Captain

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:54 am WHATTTTT....but I thought it was doomed and doomed Star Trek and everything was cancelled!

Why do you trust the fandom menace? :lol:

As for me, we look to be in a new ST renaissance, and yet for me personally, I just want to see them read wikis more. Modern ST is slowly shaping up, but with bloated, longer-running IPs, you really need to grasp the lore, setting, and characters more to have the clear footing on what it is you want to do. I could overlook many continuity gaffes if I felt it was creative licence and not just a blunder that would have been patched if they knew better. And early STD was plagued by that, yet it seems they've learned their lessons, and good.

Another thing I'd like is if they stopped declaring "firsties." Seen this in SW, and here, and it's irritating. Don't boast "more diverse" except in the areas that matter, and we already had a black protagonist. We already had tons of liberal themes before, with the exception of LGBT representation. Yet, I am of the opinion a good story matters first and foremost.

That's really all I need.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Captain Crimson wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:33 pm

As for me, we look to be in a new ST renaissance, and yet for me personally, I just want to see them read wikis more. Modern ST is slowly shaping up, but with bloated, longer-running IPs, you really need to grasp the lore, setting, and characters more to have the clear footing on what it is you want to do. I could overlook many continuity gaffes if I felt it was creative licence and not just a blunder that would have been patched if they knew better. And early STD was plagued by that, yet it seems they've learned their lessons, and good.

Another thing I'd like is if they stopped declaring "firsties." Seen this in SW, and here, and it's irritating. Don't boast "more diverse" except in the areas that matter, and we already had a black protagonist. We already had tons of liberal themes before, with the exception of LGBT representation. Yet, I am of the opinion a good story matters first and foremost.

I kind of wish you had consolidated more time to talking about Star Trek than Star Wars on this forum.
..What mirror universe?
Captain Crimson
Captain

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:54 am
Captain Crimson wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:33 pm

I kind of wish you had consolidated more time to talking about Star Trek than Star Wars on this forum.
You ever seen YouTubers like Overlord DVD? He hates modern ST. He can't explain how, but he does... somehow.