The Mandalorian

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by Makeshift Python »

TGLS wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:27 am
mathewgsmith wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:51 am Resolving the "are the Fetts Mandolorians or was Almec being honest for once when he said they weren't" by having Boba bring out his Mando'a birth certificate was freaking funny.
Yeah, but now they'll want his long-form birth certificate.
A TOTAL FRAUD!!! IMPEACH!!!
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

I disagree the show should be nominated for best dramatic piece, and yet I really think it needs an Emmy for the cinematography, because it really is very stunning.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Whatever gets the award for set pieces probably. One ride after another of scenery.
..What mirror universe?
Zatman
Officer

Post by Zatman »

I hope I can speculate here: Gideon wants Grogu for experimenting with Force-sensitive clones, AKA: Snoke. <- Highlight the previous to read.
Last edited by Zatman on Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Zatman wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:32 am I hope I can speculate here. Scroll past if you don't want to see it.
You know you can make text completely transparent, right?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Zatman
Officer

Post by Zatman »

No, I didn't, but I updated it, thanks for pointing that out!
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

RIP Jeremy Bulloch.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

I thought Fett's action sequence was charming. Kinda curious what his partnership with Mando will amount to.
..What mirror universe?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

That finale is a BIIIGGGGG middle finger at Rian Johnson.

I'm not going to blow it for anyone, but dude, your film sucked. This is the Star Wars film we wanted. Not your ''subverting our expectations'' shit that cracked the fanbase in two like a walnut. The Mandalorian is the most critically acclaimed Star Wars we have had since the OT and it managed that without a hobo sucking at an udder, an admiral wearing a ballgown to work, lectures about capitalism and a Mary Sue protagonist. Weird huh?

Its also a lesser but also kind of middle finger to Abrams too as his plan for TFA was just ANH but with a woman now. Which made for an OK film, but also a film that furthered nothing. Achieved nothing. The universe was reset after ROJ only now the Empire is called the First Order.

*Sigh* I fear the millions of Star Wars shows that have been announced. Too many cooks as they say. We need one show at a time helmed by someone who loves the property, but Disney is now poor so...
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

The walnut never meant to be cracked was never meant to be a walnut.
..What mirror universe?