Romulan Star Retcon

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Romulan Star Retcon

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Also kinda reminds me of the Islamic refugee situation, but hey what do I know?
..What mirror universe?
Al-1701
Officer

Post by Al-1701 »

Or various natural disaster refugee situations since this was caused by a natural phenomenon.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

clearspira wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:52 pm I always assumed back in the day that ''destroy the galaxy'' was more of a political metaphor than an actual thing. Imagine in the real world if China was suddenly wiped from the map. How would we deal with the resultant political vacuum and the hundreds of millions of refugees? How would we deal with all of its arms potentially falling into the wrong hands? How would Tibet and Hong Kong react? How would all of those works projects throughout the world that are run on Chinese money react? What about its massive corporations that own far more than most of use realise?
It makes sense to read it that way, and the show is running with it, but I sincerely doubt that was the original intent.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Al-1701 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:10 pm Or various natural disaster refugee situations since this was caused by a natural phenomenon.
I don't think the Romulans in particular can really serve as a face for them though.
..What mirror universe?
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:52 am
Or showing planets being destroyed within visual range of each other by StarKiller base.
Which, far from being cool, left me assuming that the heroes were in the same system as that planet and were therefore in a race against time to avoid being destroyed by it themselves.
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

Well according to episode 5, there is no Neutral Zone anymore and the star empire basically collapsed
"Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."