10 Star Wars and 10 Marvels

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: 10 Star Wars and 10 Marvels

Post by clearspira »

Captain Crimson wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:29 pm
clearspira wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:23 pm So much for Rian Johnson's trilogy lol. If it wasn't announced here, it ain't coming.

What's funny is that Abrams demolishing half of his plot points in TROS should have been enough to convince people that his name was mud as far as Disney was concerned, but TLJ fans just couldn't accept it. Well finally here's the proof.
Yeah, I can't understand how people think it's still happening.

What's your opinion on the promised and hyped-up rematch between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader in the Obi-Wan series?
I clearly didn't happen in the original canon, but then, the original canon probably didn't have Anakin as a resident of Tatooine as right now it makes f-k all sense that they would hide Luke ON HIS DAD'S HOME PLANET. So frankly, Lucas ruined Obi Wan just as badly as Disney will.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

clearspira wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:09 pm
Captain Crimson wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:29 pm
clearspira wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:23 pm So much for Rian Johnson's trilogy lol. If it wasn't announced here, it ain't coming.

What's funny is that Abrams demolishing half of his plot points in TROS should have been enough to convince people that his name was mud as far as Disney was concerned, but TLJ fans just couldn't accept it. Well finally here's the proof.
Yeah, I can't understand how people think it's still happening.

What's your opinion on the promised and hyped-up rematch between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader in the Obi-Wan series?
I clearly didn't happen in the original canon, but then, the original canon probably didn't have Anakin as a resident of Tatooine as right now it makes f-k all sense that they would hide Luke ON HIS DAD'S HOME PLANET. So frankly, Lucas ruined Obi Wan just as badly as Disney will.
I think there's far more wriggle room for the PT than you are crediting Mr. Lucas, TBH.

For one thing, emboldened by the dark side, Vader would never want to set foot on Tatooine for fear of awakening old memories and old sentiments, unless he absolutely had to, and there's a certain wisdom in hiding Luke in plain sight, so to speak. Ignoring the EU.

And with the EU, in SWTRODV, once Obi-Wan learns Anakin survived Mustafar, he's tempted to just remove Luke until Qui-Gon's spirit counsels him otherwise, which makes sense.

There is certainly wriggle room here, but it's far, far less than it was back under Mr. Lucas's SWC. You'd have to stretch it pretty long to buy this.

And I can't help but wonder if they're doing this to compete with the fan-made vid last year of the reimagined duel in ANH. That generated tens of millions of views, all without Disney's ruthless marketing campaign attached to it. Or if they're even planning to just pilfer some of the footage wholesale and put it here. LF has been caught plagiarizing fan-made ship designs before, so sadly this feels consistent to their corporate tyranny.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

While writing up a reply in the WW84 thread, something came to mind, that I'd really like to see happen, but I really doubt will actually happen, and so I came back to touch up on this.

How should LF handle their new DSWC RS movie? I think, hire Mr. Stackpole to be the writer, he has handled X-wing stories very well before in the comics and books, and we already know Ms. Jenkins is gonna be the director for the RS movie, so she essentially does the hard work of bringing his creative vision to life. Give these two the liberty they want free from interference by Ms. Kennedy and LF.

It's not even that hard, just pay Mr. Stackpole the royalties he's owed and let him write up at least one SWL novel the older EU fans are clamoring for. What he's rightfully owed is a drop in the bucket compared to what Disney usually makes, and it would be a slam-duck for DSW perhaps not seen since the days of TFA and RO.

Will that actually happen? Ahahahaha. I'd be shocked if it did. LF has made it the management to bury the past with SW, and Disney is metaphorically run by Mr. Krabs. But I can dream, can't i?