KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC REMAKE!!! YES!!!

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC REMAKE!!! YES!!!

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I hope it comes to switch
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Madner Kami wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:23 am PS5 and PC actually.
YAY! Sorry, I do not own a PS5 and don't know when I could afford one. So PC also makes me very happy.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

My question, is this a Resident Evil, from the ground up, remake or a SpongeBob, make it pretty and leave everything else as is, remake?
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Nobody knows yet.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:12 am My question, is this a Resident Evil, from the ground up, remake or a SpongeBob, make it pretty and leave everything else as is, remake?
https://gamerant.com/knights-of-the-old ... play-good/
Gridlock1987
Redshirt

Post by Gridlock1987 »

Yukaphile wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:48 amIt just bugs me so fuckin' much because YOU'RE the fan they want. Not me. Not someone who'd like to read a Legends novel or comic set in the older timeline, that respects the decades of continuity, which ties into the events there. Someone who loves something brought back to canon for reasons I can't fathom. Well, whatever. I don't think this will end the way you think.
I like parts of the old canon. I like parts of the new canon. Recently I bought a lot of comics from Legends, Marvel run, some of Dark Horse. Read it all, loved some of it, some not that much. Same with books. I played KotOR 1 and 2 at least 15 times each, one of my most favorite Star Wars games ever. And I'm looking forward to this remake (thought I hope much more for a remake of KotOR 2, with all the cut content back, and polished). Not thrilled about them changing anything, but we will just have to wait and see. Damn, I would pay shitload of money for a remake of Rogue Squadron trilogy. Or Star Wars Racer. Or Shadows of the Empire. Spent so much time playing those back in the day. Not sure what kind of a fan that makes me by your standards.

All I know is that I like Star Wars in any form, being a fan for over 25 years now, and I can't wait for this remake.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Gridlock1987 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:44 pm
Yukaphile wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:48 amIt just bugs me so fuckin' much because YOU'RE the fan they want. Not me. Not someone who'd like to read a Legends novel or comic set in the older timeline, that respects the decades of continuity, which ties into the events there. Someone who loves something brought back to canon for reasons I can't fathom. Well, whatever. I don't think this will end the way you think.
I like parts of the old canon. I like parts of the new canon. Recently I bought a lot of comics from Legends, Marvel run, some of Dark Horse. Read it all, loved some of it, some not that much. Same with books. I played KotOR 1 and 2 at least 15 times each, one of my most favorite Star Wars games ever. And I'm looking forward to this remake (thought I hope much more for a remake of KotOR 2, with all the cut content back, and polished). Not thrilled about them changing anything, but we will just have to wait and see. Damn, I would pay shitload of money for a remake of Rogue Squadron trilogy. Or Star Wars Racer. Or Shadows of the Empire. Spent so much time playing those back in the day. Not sure what kind of a fan that makes me by your standards.

All I know is that I like Star Wars in any form, being a fan for over 25 years now, and I can't wait for this remake.
Pay Yukaphile no mind, their just being butt hurt because they spends years reading books that no one other than the fans of that niche care for, and upset their making stuff for people other than them.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Winter wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:03 pm
ProfessorDetective wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:12 am My question, is this a Resident Evil, from the ground up, remake or a SpongeBob, make it pretty and leave everything else as is, remake?
https://gamerant.com/knights-of-the-old ... play-good/
Resident Evil then. Alright.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Well by the time it comes back maybe the price of the PS5 will come down.

Or I finally pull the plug and finally replace my Frankenstein computer. Only thing original on that bastard is the case.
I got nothing to say here.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:20 pm
Gridlock1987 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:44 pm

Pay Yukaphile no mind, their just being butt hurt because they spends years reading books that no one other than the fans of that niche care for, and upset their making stuff for people other than them.
As I recall from the last cycle before they flounced Yukaphile hasn't read the books they praise. Or seen any of the Disney canon they condemn. To steal from Blackadder, they're mad something they've never seen is slightly less blue than something else they haven't seen.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.