The Marvels and the death of the M-She-U

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
m4a2000
Officer

Re: The Marvels and the death of the M-She-U

Post by m4a2000 »

Wait, this isn't a parody post or something?
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

m4a2000 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:19 am Wait, this isn't a parody post or something?
clearspira is clearspira.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

Remember when people thought they were being really big and clever by spelling 'Microsoft' with a dollar sign, and thus any legit point they might have had was rendered void as it was that obnoxious? For some reason that sprang to mind reading this thread title.

Also while She Hulk was dire (outside of the great Madisynn/Wong dynamic) the twerking scene wouldn't even hit my top ten of stuff wrong with that show. Poking the bear as inelegently as it did really, so very much really did not help the state of internet discourse, and given how bad a state it was in already, it's almost impressive that it made it even worse.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Clearspira, I stopped taking your opinion about the MCU seriously since you predicted that Captain Marvel would be a colossal failure and then insisted you were somehow still right.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I never figured out what the backlash about the twerking scene was even supposed to be about. It was a silly joke in an episode stinger but from the response you'd think they interrupted Tony Stark's funeral with it.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Is it weird when I heard Megan the Stallion name, I didn't realize she was a real person. I honestly thought she was a comic character.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

It's putting a bit much on the plate to first say, "the movies were for everyone," followed by, "it's mostly guys here so get used to it," to then chastise an inconsequential show geared towards girls.
..What mirror universe?
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

So I did watch The Marvels with my mom yesterday. It was fine. One thing I will give to the MCU is that if you have have seen most of the tent-pole movies you can just jump into the other movies. You know the backstory, why linger on it?

Also saying it was fine does not make it a bad movie. Not every film is going to be a huge hit or a massive dud. Its OK to be average, or even slightly above it.

There was only one part in the movie that made me go 'not this' but that was mostly due to the fact I do not enjoy those kinds of scenes/movies when they are live action. It did give me enough time to refile my popcorn and I got back in time for the bilingual joke.

Personally I enjoy how the MCU is diving deeper into the universe that they have. I wish DC would do the same though it could be argued they already did in the 90's and 00's with the DCAU.

WHERE IS MY STATIC SHOCK MOVIE?!?
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:53 am Yep.

So far, everyone is saying how much they enjoy THE MARVELS and it is a fantastic movie.

Which is what I expected.
Search Term: The Marvels Box Office.

"Everyone enjoys it", you say? Your sure you didn't mean to write: "My bubble enjoys The Marvels"?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I think it's gonna win an Oscar!

*gives validating high-five gesture to CharlesPhipps
..What mirror universe?