Silly Question Time: If you were Hired to Write a Batman TV Series How Would You Go About It?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
McAvoy
Captain

Re: Silly Question Time: If you were Hired to Write a Batman TV Series How Would You Go About It?

Post by McAvoy »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:28 pm Maybe I just don't want an origin story like Gotham.
I think we are good on that too. Gotham ending up doing all the things Smallville in the later seasons got criticized for.
I got nothing to say here.
stryke
Captain

Re: Silly Question Time: If you were Hired to Write a Batman TV Series How Would You Go About It?

Post by stryke »

Winter wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:41 pmI think Query and Echo would be rather boring compared to dynamic Riddler would have with the Batfamily.
I wasn't thinking to have them there to exclude a relationship with the batfamily. which of course should be the main focus for the show, but there to help support his character and give him someone to talk to when they aren't around. Plus they help as establishing his character for the show as even in the comics they mention how much they like him as he's a respectful boss who they enjoy being around.
McAvoy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:20 pm Actually a heavy Bruce Wayne series would be novel. Like what Bruce Wayne does when he isn't Batman and playing Bruce Wayne.
DC Super Hero Girls actually has an amazing take on him. He's got big floppy hair, and is basically a male Kardashian. No one would ever be able to work out he's a grizzled crime fighter at nght.