Lower Decks Season 4

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
stryke
Captain

Re: Lower Decks Season 4

Post by stryke »

Okay I've had some issues with the last couple of episodes, but that was absolutely amazing!
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Low Key Season 2

Post by clearspira »

I do like how Locarno is now a villain and not the repentent man he was in TNG. That would have shown growth and not someone who was trying to assemble his own League of Evil.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

clearspira wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:29 pm I do like how Locarno is now a villain and not the repentent man he was in TNG. That would have shown growth and not someone who was trying to assemble his own League of Evil.
TNG? This isn't star trek.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

clearspira wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:29 pm I do like how Locarno is now a villain and not the repentent man he was in TNG. That would have shown growth and not someone who was trying to assemble his own League of Evil.
I dunno, we know basically nothing about Locarno apart from he's going around blasting shit, and apparently he wants to bring Mariner along. Given that Mariner is now friends with the Lower Decks (the TNG episode) character who was killed by the Cardies, it does make sense they knew each other...
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:50 pm
TNG? This isn't star trek.
Posted on the wrong page. I regret nothing. ALL SHALL KNOW MY DISLIKE OF LOWER DECKS.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

TGLS wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:17 pm
I dunno, we know basically nothing about Locarno apart from he's going around blasting shit, and apparently he wants to bring Mariner along. Given that Mariner is now friends with the Lower Decks (the TNG episode) character who was killed by the Cardies, it does make sense they knew each other...
Yeah, I guess.The guy was just so Tom Paris its hard to see him as a supervillain.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I loved this episode. The connection to TNG's Lower Decks was beautifully done and Mariner's backstory reveal felt earned. Also the puppet gag made me laugh.

What I'm really excited about now is wondering what Locarno's endgame is. What is he trying to accomplish? Why did he do this?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:49 pm I loved this episode. The connection to TNG's Lower Decks was beautifully done and Mariner's backstory reveal felt earned. Also the puppet gag made me laugh.

What I'm really excited about now is wondering what Locarno's endgame is. What is he trying to accomplish? Why did he do this?
I did enjoy the episode because now we are seeing growth with Mariner too now. This whole season seems to be about Mariner moving on from her self destructive ways.

Also go figure that Mariner knew about that Bajoran Ensign who Locarno knew is also the episode named Lower Decks. Abit on the nose.

I think she knows Locarno and I am willing to bet she went to the Academy together. Probably knew Wesley too
I got nothing to say here.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I never thought I'd see the actual show acknowledge the whole "signed up to do botany but went through all the trauma of a soldier on the front line" tragedy of Star Fleet. Chuck's been pointing it out for a decade or so but the actual franchise always danced around it.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

hammerofglass wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:54 am I never thought I'd see the actual show acknowledge the whole "signed up to do botany but went through all the trauma of a soldier on the front line" tragedy of Star Fleet. Chuck's been pointing it out for a decade or so but the actual franchise always danced around it.
Boimler did have some comments on that when he was on the Titan, though at the time it felt more like addressing the difference between the TNG era and the following shows compared to Discovery, so this was way better.