ReBoot! (The CGI Animated Series)

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
AllanO
Officer

Re: ReBoot! (The CGI Animated Series)

Post by AllanO »

Steve wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:57 am Honestly it's been so long I don't have the best mental grip on their personalities anymore. If I wanted to be silly I'd go for freaking people out by saying "Hexadecimal". :P

Actually, wasn't there a purple lady with a sword and orange hair or something? Purple's my favorite color, so I might go with that. ;)
You are describing Mouse.

In terms of being Silly I was thinking of going with Princess Bula (one of those 1 shaped Binomes but larger in stereotypical Island native dress etc.).
Yours Truly,
Allan Olley

"It is with philosophy as with religion : men marvel at the absurdity of other people's tenets, while exactly parallel absurdities remain in their own." John Stuart Mill
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Beat me to it. Yes, that's Mouse. But man, green would be my favorite! Those Matrixes are really something else. Matrix is such a ginormous badass, and Dot just melts my heart. :D

"You're cute."

(Matrix laughs nervously.)

Here is something out of context.

"Keep you safe."

(Matrix just grins sheepishly.)

:P
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Off topic: I'm really glad this didn't become a part of the Movie franchise that spawned from the Waynes brothers spoofs eg Not Another Reboot Movie!

I guess maybe if it was in the first half of their run, but those movies got pretty redundant.
Power laces... alright.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

ReBoot sadly got a reboot in 2018. Reality is just inception now, it seems. Like how there are computers in ReBoot, really. So that, wow... does reality just keep going lower and lower, descending down forever and ever and ever?

Again, I'll harp on this. ReBoot showed some tough but realistic women. I love 'em. Dot cried, in mourning, over the ENEMY, and yet still won through cunning, and could fight hand-to-hand herself if needed. AndrAIa? Survived the Games before even meeting Enzo, and did so when they were lost on the Net, and yet she's a victim to a Web Creature, and there's no shame in that, at all, this is presented as neither disempowering or anything else, just a sad victim of an uncaring universe. Mouse? Nuff said. Got a freaking katana! And she's that "sexy rogue" type! And yet she's been used by those with an agenda. This is likewise neither presented as something to be ashamed over. ReBoot had an all-star cast. You rarely see that kinda pedigree in stories anymore.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

Yukaphile wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:28 pm ReBoot sadly got a reboot in 2018. Reality is just inception now, it seems. Like how there are computers in ReBoot, really. So that, wow... does reality just keep going lower and lower, descending down forever and ever and ever?
The surprising thing I found out about the new one was having kids and live action in it, and apparently nothing factored in about how unknown and mysterious "users" were to the folks in computers in the original series.

I know it was a throw away line in the intro but the "and I intend to find out!" really emphasized how alien human beings were to them from their perspective.
Last edited by Beastro on Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I've seen better fanfiction dedicated to exploring Users interacting with the world of the Net. No joke.