Poll - Worst Star Trek series

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.

Which do you think is the worst Star Trek television series

The Original Series
No votes
The Animated Series
4%
The Next Generation
No votes
Deep Space Nine
4%
Voyager
7%
Enterprise
26%
Discovery
26%
Lower Decks
7%
Picard
26%

Total votes: 27

Nealithi
Captain

Re: Poll - Worst Star Trek series

Post by Nealithi »

Beelzquill wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:20 pm Interesting that "I would rather not live in this show" is why someone would pick it as the worst show. Not criticizing or anything, I just mean, as Warhammer 40,000 fan I've never wanted to live in my favorite fictional universe.
And your comment reminded me of this.

http://www.funnyism.com/i/funnypics/no-no-no-no-no
Beelzquill
Officer

Post by Beelzquill »

Yeah, living on an overpopulated polluted hellworld that's about to be invaded by demons that want to rape you, kill you, and eat your soul(possibly not in that order) does not sound like a fun time. The stories and cathedral mechas are balla though.

Edit: the funny thing about that image you posted Nealithi is that those guys are the Legion of the Damned, ghost(or demon depending on the lore) space marines that poof in to save desperate planets on the verge of defeat. Seing pitch black armored Astartes wreathed in fire appear out of nowhere is actually a good thing in that universe.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Beelzquill wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:20 pm Interesting that "I would rather not live in this show" is why someone would pick it as the worst show. Not criticizing or anything, I just mean, as Warhammer 40,000 fan I've never wanted to live in my favorite fictional universe.
Sometimes it can work out like that, sometimes not. If a setting is just outright miserable, nothing to root for, I could see that. But fiction's full of settings and universes that I wouldn't like to live in but make for good stories.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

technobabbler wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:38 pm
clearspira wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:50 pm
technobabbler wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:48 pm voting DS9 as the worst is not insane.

I do get that. But by that logic, would you rather live in the DS9 universe or the Picard universe?
I'd take my chances being a NPC in the Picard time period.

Galaxy -class ships were blowing up like TIE fighters in DS9., lol.

another thing to nitpick about DS9, space combat beween capital ships played out more like WWII dogfights than what we saw in TOS or TNG
The price of exciting visuals. In reality with what we know of the capabilities of the ships in Trek, firepower ranges in fractions of a light second (186k mps), we would be seeing a fleet action more like Jutland than Midway.

But then again the ships are designed to be firing broadsides, but designed with forward and backward type of action.

Battle of Jutland isnt exactly a exciting form of visual combat.

I do understand there are still fans who don't like the direction of where DS9 led compared to how TNG was.

For me it's not about the Dominion War, not about the action. It was all about the characters and the story lines.
I got nothing to say here.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

Who's the numb nut who voted DS9? We need to hunt the heretic down and go full-blown Exterminatus on them! :twisted: