Godzilla versus Kong

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Beelzquill
Officer

Re: Godzilla versus Kong

Post by Beelzquill »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:47 am
Well. That is bad. Is that from a Godzilla movie?
It's from the first movie Mechagodzilla appeared in. Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla, it was a pretty interesting movie, Godzilla teams up with a giant dog named King Caesar to fight MechaGodzilla in that one.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Beelzquill wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:59 am
It's from the first movie Mechagodzilla appeared in. Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla, it was a pretty interesting movie, Godzilla teams up with a giant dog named King Caesar to fight MechaGodzilla in that one.
Yeah my knowledge of Godzilla movies is limited and pretty much from what I can remember when the... Ahem Science Fiction Channel used to show them regularly in the 90's. And then I couldn't tell you if I was watching the 60's versions or the 90's.
I got nothing to say here.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Beelzquill wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:59 am
Huh. In the dub I saw of that movie, the dog-like kaiju was an unnamed Holy Monster connected to a random shrine. Or am I thinking of the wrong Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:18 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:13 am my friend said "I could have written a better movie by sticking a pen between my ass cheeks" and I'm starting to think he's right
The point of the movie really comes down to Giant Monkey versus Giant Lizard. The human plot is just set dressing.

But yeah the human part of it could have certainly been done better. Afterall, can't have a movie 90 minutes long of nothing but a slug match.
Lets be honest who care for the human plot?
Beelzquill
Officer

Post by Beelzquill »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:38 am

Huh. In the dub I saw of that movie, the dog-like kaiju was an unnamed Holy Monster connected to a random shrine. Or am I thinking of the wrong Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla?
No, you're right, his name just happens to be Caesar. I think the shrine was on Okinawa.