Wait until sfdebris gets to Stargate Universe.

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
thisithis
Officer

Re: Wait until sfdebris gets to Stargate Universe.

Post by thisithis »

This is what I thought when I saw the scientists fight against the world train Marines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2_aLLRnjjY
thisithis
Officer

Post by thisithis »

McAvoy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:33 am Oh she was annoying and I did forget about that. But that had nothing to do with her sexuality.

Chloe, I think is that useless politician daughter. Yeah completely useless. Not even remotely entertaining except she is cute.
Most of the time I try not to blame the actors for a film or tv show failing. Unless it's McHale's Navy film with Tom Arnold who was responsible for that film flopping. The girl that played Chloe went on to better roles, But but thanks to bad writing she was pretty much an idiot. In the second season, she was kidnapped by Aliens that were attacking Destiny and were cutting holes in Destiny's hall. You think someone inside an alien ship walking in the hallways during an alien attack seeing a huge bulkhead being cut open would... you know RUN!!! Not Chloe, she's going to stand on that cut bulkhead and look into that light until she is taken by the aliens. And the soldier behind her guarding her does nothing until she is taken. That's how useless that character was in the show.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

She's not just an idiot, she's a sociopath, possibly. Look at how quickly she moves to humping Scott, you know, just hours after her father died. When she has a boyfriend, no less, and gets all huffy at him for going around with her best friend.

Honestly, it makes me wish Senator Armstrong had hung around. He was easily one of the best characters just from the little we've seen of him. Really, put Colonel Young in the shuttle and leave the Senator out. It's win all around! :)

I mean, that's the ordeal. Who's supposed to be the protagonist in SGU? The early episodes were so haphazard, I can't tell. To me it FELT like Eli, but that may just be because he's my favorite character. But then I think the writers felt it was Young. And at least on SG-1, you knew O'Neill was the protagonist. On SGA, you knew it was Sheppard. Not so with SGU.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

That may have been the point. In that you were not sure who is what and what their motivations are. Its one of the many things about making it feel less like Stargate.
I got nothing to say here.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Yeah, the characters are very ill-defined, and TBH, I was really upset they didn't go with Eli/Chloe. Sure, she has issues as I'd said, but heaven forbid we give the geek and fanboy avatar his day and win the girl. :roll:
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Nah. Eli should have gotten the big breasted Marine chick. That would have gone against the grain.

Geeks/Nerds/Dorks always gets the cute sweet girl like Chloe.
Captain Crimson
Captain

I mean, I get that Vanessa James is hot, but still...
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Captain Crimson wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:59 am I mean, I get that Vanessa James is hot, but still...
Had no idea what her name was. I just remember that one scene where they using the floating drones to spy on her.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Captain Crimson wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:34 pm She's not just an idiot, she's a sociopath, possibly. Look at how quickly she moves to humping Scott, you know, just hours after her father died. When she has a boyfriend, no less, and gets all huffy at him for going around with her best friend.
Its not just that, she came off to me as someone who was trying to keep a spare around in Eli because there is no way that someone as good looking as her and thus has probably had guys simping on her since puberty could not realise how straight up thirsty he is for her. And I swear she straight up encourages it by holding his hand or rubbing up against him.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Those rape stones were hands down the worst part of this show for me. Who the f-k would let someone go out in their body like that? If that was me, I would be like ''if we agree to this, you are doing nothing more in my body than eating, peeing if you need to and washing if you need to. No sex, no partying, no getting into fights with ex-spouses.''

It also amused me that those stones always seemed to know to put the men into the men and the women into the women even though we know sex swaps are possible because Vala did it to Daniel. Does it know your mental gender or what? What if I REALLY wanted to be in the woman's body? What then? So much crap worldbuilding on offer here.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.