Star Trek: Strange new worlds

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
BBally81
Officer

Re: Star Trek: Strange new worlds

Post by BBally81 »

'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ Reclaims Most In-Demand New Show Title With Season Finale

The Paramount+ series pushes Disney+’s ”Obi-Wan Kenobi“ to the No. 2 spot on this week’s list

In this weekly data series powered by Parrot Analytics, we look at the top breakout shows of the past week. Breakout shows are the most in-demand series that have premiered in the past 100 days.

Paramount+’s “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” ended on a high note with its July 7 season finale garnering a 6% increase in demand, boosting the show up to No. 1 position on this week’s list of the most in-demand new shows, according to Parrot Analytics‘ data, which takes into account consumer research, streaming, downloads and social media, among other engagement.
https://www.thewrap.com/top-tv-shows-pa ... ne-finale/
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

The Paramount+ series pushes Disney+’s ”Obi-Wan Kenobi“ to the No. 2 spot on this week’s list
Well it's a good thing that it's beating a show that finished a few weeks before it.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Yeah, the Star Trek series are the most popular streaming services aside from a couple of Disneys.

But everyone wants the Paramount to be enormous failures like the whole networks that failed.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Has Paramount, the probably 12th largest streaming service worldwide (if you include all Paramount-services), after such giants like ESPN+ or Shudder, released any numbers yet?

Btw. you do realize that if everyone wants NuTrek to fail, then nobody is watching it, which kinda undermines the point you are trying to make, right? Unless you want to argue that NuTrek is being hate-watched more than anything?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

Oh, I'm sure there are plenty of people who will watch anything with the Star Trek label on it.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

There is also the possibility of a literal whole new generation of viewers who may like nuTrek. You know teenagers who were not even born when Enterprise went off the air.

Just saying. Combine that with viewers who will just watch anything with Star Trek with it, those who like the direction of nuTrek, those who casually watch it and those who hate-watch it.
I got nothing to say here.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Madner Kami wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:10 pm Has Paramount, the probably 12th largest streaming service worldwide (if you include all Paramount-services), after such giants like ESPN+ or Shudder, released any numbers yet?

Btw. you do realize that if everyone wants NuTrek to fail, then nobody is watching it, which kinda undermines the point you are trying to make, right? Unless you want to argue that NuTrek is being hate-watched more than anything?
It wouldn't surprise me. :)
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:16 pm Yeah, the Star Trek series are the most popular streaming services aside from a couple of Disneys.

But everyone wants the Paramount to be enormous failures like the whole networks that failed.
It's not very easy to tell just how much exposure a show is getting. The companies only talk about it if they have an easter basket of shows to compare between.
Power laces... alright.
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:50 am There is also the possibility of a literal whole new generation of viewers who may like nuTrek.
They DO say that there's a sucker born every minute.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I do wonder if it is time for a next next generation, a series of star trek after tng, no not a show with major players from tng, not a prequel, or a midquel, a proper sequel.