Star Trek Picard season 3

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Star Trek Picard season 3

Post by hammerofglass »

Hey didn't Picard have a Romulan girlfriend at some point? I think the writers forgot about her.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

hammerofglass wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:36 am Hey didn't Picard have a Romulan girlfriend at some point? I think the writers forgot about her.
You mean the former Tal Shiar agent? Never heard of her.
Power laces... alright.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Hey didn't Picard die at some point and they gave him an artificial body? The pay off on that was worth it huh.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

I was telling someone I wonder if Shaw was supposed to be what Sisko could have been if he didn't have Jake and Dax to ground him which his anger at the Borg from consuming him.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

sayla0079 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:12 am I was telling someone I wonder if Shaw was supposed to be what Sisko could have been if he didn't have Jake and Dax to ground him which his anger at the Borg from consuming him.
Perhaps, but I can't see Sisko being bigoted towards Seven. Picard/Locutus was the face that killed his wife. Seven is an innocent bystander.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

clearspira wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:21 am Hey didn't Picard die at some point and they gave him an artificial body? The pay off on that was worth it huh.
There wasn’t any follow up I was expecting from that based on how they described it. Soong states that they made him indistinguishable for all intents and purposes.
Power laces... alright.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Shaw strangely enough is into the arts. His scenes about musical preferences were just what stood out to me, and he didn’t come off as ambitious for the commodore or admiral position. When he calls her Annika, it’s more about addressing her true persons, or who the real person giving themselves to star fleet is.
Power laces... alright.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

clearspira wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:14 am
sayla0079 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:12 am I was telling someone I wonder if Shaw was supposed to be what Sisko could have been if he didn't have Jake and Dax to ground him which his anger at the Borg from consuming him.
Perhaps, but I can't see Sisko being bigoted towards Seven. Picard/Locutus was the face that killed his wife. Seven is an innocent bystander.
That is true but grief and anger can drive a person to do questionable things. Without the people that grounded him who knows what might have happened to Sisko.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:57 pm
clearspira wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:21 am Hey didn't Picard die at some point and they gave him an artificial body? The pay off on that was worth it huh.
There wasn’t any follow up I was expecting from that based on how they described it. Soong states that they made him indistinguishable for all intents and purposes.
But what was the point though?
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

The 'point' was a soap-opera-style death that had no consequences at all. It's a the result of wanting drama but not wanting to change the status-quo at all.

Which is why absolutely no attention is given to a practice that ought to revolutionize human existence.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984