DC Comics General Discussion [Spoilers]

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Wargriffin
Captain

Re: DC Comics General Discussion [Spoilers]

Post by Wargriffin »

The Bendipocalypse is upon us

I knew it! Corrupting our minds! Destroying the world! He's coming! Coming for you and your SOULS!!! Repent!

Swear on the good book and you may yet be saved!!!

Repent now or perish in the fourth circle of Hell...

May God have mercy on us all.
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Flash
Wally's back and Barry doesn't even give him the chance to fail

GAWD DAMMIT BARRY

Tec Comics

The Great Bat Debate begins and... it didn't have nearly as much moral grandstanding as I thought it would. Barbara was full on Oracle again not the weird Steph knock off Batgirl from Burnside

The debate really wasn't so much a trial as it was a round table discussion which is probably the best way you could go without a stunning revelation that would completely undermine Kate's choice
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Super Sons of Tomorrow
This was fun more than anything else. Robin is an arrogant censored, but he's an arrogant censored with his heart in the right place and all his censored-ing is done in a way I found entertaining. Think House: M.D.. Except with a kid in a cape. Superboy is written as a (to me) believable kid, maybe a bit on the sunny side but hey, he's Big Blue's kid. Their interactions are easily the best part of the story.

The motivation of the villain (if you can call him that) was censored, and not in a good way. But I can read on the fingers of one finger a time-travel plot that actually made sense.

As might be discernable by my previous choice of Elmer Fudd x Batman, I tend toward the comic side of comics, and YMMV.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

I'd prefer comics to be shameless fun with little consequence

or the stakes matter but ultimately the hero will prevail and the damage is regulated

I mean my favorite version of the Joker is BTAS... why cause the moment he does something that Truly crosses the line... The Karma hammer immediately gets him for it... Twice
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Wargriffin wrote:I'd prefer comics to be shameless fun with little consequence
The entire industry?
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

I'd say there's definitely a market for comic books more focused on fun.

A lot of people seem to like the Super Sons series, and a lot of the talk of Bendis coming onboard Superman is around the cancellation of Super Sons. Just to barely touch on the Marvel side (I haven't read a Marvel book for maybe a year, and this is a DC thread), it seemed like the cancellation of Gwenpool was the one most mourned from their recent course correction. Not that I took a scientific poll or anything.

Edit: I created this prior to Agent Vinod's entry, and just realized this could look like a response to it. It isn't.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Kate's face says it all
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

June Solicitations are out

behold the Bendipocalypse and the Fall out from No justice

https://www.newsarama.com/39119-dc-comi ... tions.html
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Wargriffin wrote:June Solicitations are out

behold the Bendipocalypse and the Fall out from No justice

https://www.newsarama.com/39119-dc-comi ... tions.html
I may have to check out some of the Hanna Barbera cross-overs, and/or Gail Simone's take on Plastic Man.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

I am not happy one bit with the New Titans team

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03/24 ... wondercon/