The Matrix is a Trans Allegory now

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
GreyICE
Captain

Re: The Matrix is a Trans Allegory now

Post by GreyICE »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:15 pm Well let's not say things we can't take back. But yeah, the text isn't explicit, but it doesn't really have to be for allegory. What is required more or less is an understanding of trans experience and that ranges from innate and privileged to commonly understood.
Why? Because he might somehow change if I treat him like an adult? He can't make a two sentence post without outright fucking bigotry. Outright. Fucking. Bigotry. What am I supposed to do, pretend that he's anything other than a living example of South Park's reversed digestive track? Write a reasonable response? I could, I could write something like:
------------------------------------------------------------
"Your post failed to recognize that not only was Khorra in two failed relationships she was in two failed relationships with reasoning. Specifically she was in a relationship with a guy who was 'supposed to be a guy that girls fall for', and a guy that was a good friend of hers. In neither relationship did she display great physical chemistry, nor did she show a strong interest in progressing physical aspects of the relationship, or deepening the relationship in a physical manner. In both cases she pretty much fell into the relationship because 'the guy was there.'

These are common experiences for young gay people, who often engage in relationships with members of the opposite gender because "that's what you're supposed to do". They often engage in relationships with "the people you're supposed to be attracted to", such as athletes, cheerleaders, "the hot girl", etc. Another frequent occurance is they have a relationship with a good friend of the opposite gender, because "I like them a lot, that must be what romantic attraction is, this is the most I've ever felt [towards someone of the opposite gender](the unstated, and often unthought caveat)". Showing Khorra working through two relationships with two guys that hit common gay tropes before landing on a relationship with a woman that she feels much more strongly about (and is much healthier) is an extremely common gay experience, and yet many audience members complained it came 'completely out of the blue' despite the buildup. In fact Season 4 contained many moments that would have been considered 'potential buildup to a romantic relationship' if they were opposite gender, and yet were completely ignored or written off as 'they are friends'. This is an example of heteronormativity causing the audience to assume Khorra was straight, and then acting angrily at the 'big reveal' despite all of the buildup in earlier seasons.

Also if you can't make it through a two sentence post without spouting bigotry, then your best service to humanity is probably as a human minefield clearer you absolute fucking spanner."

Yeah, I could have posted that. But y'know what? I'm tired of treating that shithead like he's not actually a shithead. I'll go back to treating him like a real boy when he proves he's not a wooden dummy.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

GreyICE wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:57 pm"Your post failed to recognize that not only was Khorra in two failed relationships she was in two failed relationships with reasoning. Specifically she was in a relationship with a guy who was 'supposed to be a guy that girls fall for', and a guy that was a good friend of hers. In neither relationship did she display great physical chemistry, nor did she show a strong interest in progressing physical aspects of the relationship, or deepening the relationship in a physical manner. In both cases she pretty much fell into the relationship because 'the guy was there.'
Your problem is, that you assume that there is only one proper way that this can be interpreted and read, while everyone who sees it differently is literally Hitler. What I see is a woman who thought she had feelings for someone but found out that this someone is just not made for her. All I am doing at this point is, that I am not jumping to conclusions. While your line of thought is: "The prom-queen dicided to not fuck the quarterback, hence she's not cis." Congrats if your background makes you recognize a subtext or details that others don't or allows you to read those differently, but I am not a bigot for not having the same background as you do and reading things differently to you. On the contrary, it's quite bigoted to expect everyone to behave, feel and understand things the way and like you do.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:49 pm
GreyICE wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:57 pm"Your post failed to recognize that not only was Khorra in two failed relationships she was in two failed relationships with reasoning. Specifically she was in a relationship with a guy who was 'supposed to be a guy that girls fall for', and a guy that was a good friend of hers. In neither relationship did she display great physical chemistry, nor did she show a strong interest in progressing physical aspects of the relationship, or deepening the relationship in a physical manner. In both cases she pretty much fell into the relationship because 'the guy was there.'
Your problem is, that you assume that there is only one proper way that this can be interpreted and read, while everyone who sees it differently is literally Hitler. What I see is a woman who thought she had feelings for someone but found out that this someone is just not made for her. All I am doing at this point is, that I am not jumping to conclusions. While your line of thought is: "The prom-queen dicided to not fuck the quarterback, hence she's not cis." Congrats if your background makes you recognize a subtext or details that others don't or allows you to read those differently, but I am not a bigot for not having the same background as you do and reading things differently to you. On the contrary, it's quite bigoted to expect everyone to behave, feel and understand things the way and like you do.
"Everyone who sees it differently is literally Hitler"

Yes, this is a great summary of what I said. 10/10 intellectual discussion, you're a fucking genius.

What clearly makes you a bigot is your use of slurs you dumbshit. Since you can't possibly have missed that, even with your limited intellect, you've once again decided to pretend that someone is saying something completely different because it's impossible to defend your actual behavior.

As I said, having discussions with you is a waste of time. Go clear a minefield face first.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Which slurs? The only one I can see who is throwing around offenses here, is you, while everyone else was exchanging opinions and impressions in a civil manner.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

It didn't take 20 years, the Trans community has always seen this aspect of it.
Call me KuudereKun
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:06 pm Which slurs? The only one I can see who is throwing around offenses here, is you, while everyone else was exchanging opinions and impressions in a civil manner.
Attack helicopter
See the main article on this topic: Non-binary gender
The phrase "I sexually identify as an attack helicopter" or ammosexual, and other variants of "I sexually identify as [something transparently ridiculous]" are used to mock people who claim non-binary gender or who believe that non-binary genders can exist. The phrase is often accompanied by a long shitpost about the rights the shitposter allegedly demands due to being [something transparently ridiculous]. Since the alt-right is a movement that partly grew out from chan culture, expect allusions to furries or otherkin. "Apache attack helicopter" is perhaps the most common phrase, as it features in the popular 2014 copypasta that coined the joke:[71]
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Alt-right_glossary#Attack_helicopter
Madner Kami wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:20 pmYou are reaching there. The vast majority of humankind doesn't find their perfect partner on the first try and it has nothing to do with "not being able to see beyond cis". On the contrary, what you are painting there is a really ugly picture, because everyone who doesn't find their perfect partner on the first try must be gay/bi/trans/attackhelicopter, according to your statement.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Shores drowning under mighty waves;
The sea is rippling far and wide;
A leaf touched the water.
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Sir, I admit your general rule, that every poet is a fool. But you yourself may prove to show it, every fool is not a poet

BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

GreyICE wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:57 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:15 pm Well let's not say things we can't take back. But yeah, the text isn't explicit, but it doesn't really have to be for allegory. What is required more or less is an understanding of trans experience and that ranges from innate and privileged to commonly understood.
Why? Because he might somehow change if I treat him like an adult? He can't make a two sentence post without outright fucking bigotry. Outright. Fucking. Bigotry. What am I supposed to do, pretend that he's anything other than a living example of South Park's reversed digestive track? Write a reasonable response? I could, I could write something like:
"Your post failed to recognize that not only was Khorra in two failed relationships she was in two failed relationships with reasoning. Specifically she was in a relationship with a guy who was 'supposed to be a guy that girls fall for', and a guy that was a good friend of hers. In neither relationship did she display great physical chemistry, nor did she show a strong interest in progressing physical aspects of the relationship, or deepening the relationship in a physical manner. In both cases she pretty much fell into the relationship because 'the guy was there.'

These are common experiences for young gay people, who often engage in relationships with members of the opposite gender because "that's what you're supposed to do". They often engage in relationships with "the people you're supposed to be attracted to", such as athletes, cheerleaders, "the hot girl", etc. Another frequent occurance is they have a relationship with a good friend of the opposite gender, because "I like them a lot, that must be what romantic attraction is, this is the most I've ever felt [towards someone of the opposite gender](the unstated, and often unthought caveat)". Showing Khorra working through two relationships with two guys that hit common gay tropes before landing on a relationship with a woman that she feels much more strongly about (and is much healthier) is an extremely common gay experience, and yet many audience members complained it came 'completely out of the blue' despite the buildup. In fact Season 4 contained many moments that would have been considered 'potential buildup to a romantic relationship' if they were opposite gender, and yet were completely ignored or written off as 'they are friends'. This is an example of heteronormativity causing the audience to assume Khorra was straight, and then acting angrily at the 'big reveal' despite all of the buildup in earlier seasons.

Also if you can't make it through a two sentence post without spouting bigotry, then your best service to humanity is probably as a human minefield clearer you absolute fucking spanner."

Yeah, I could have posted that. But y'know what? I'm tired of treating that shithead like he's not actually a shithead. I'll go back to treating him like a real boy when he proves he's not a wooden dummy.
And also about Fuzzy saying the movie's shit. Can you blieve that?
..What mirror universe?
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:52 pmAnd also about Fuzzy saying the movie's shit. Can you blieve that?
No accounting for taste. Some people think Archer is the best captain.