Star Trek: Section 31 Movie w/Michelle Yeoh Announced

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Section 31 Movie w/Michelle Yeoh Announced

Post by hammerofglass »

Don't look in a mirror, you're projecting so hard you'll go blind.

Edit: the "woke mob" and "SJWs" who turn public opinion against what you believe is what I'm referring to, apologies that wasn't very clear.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Frustration wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:55 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:16 am That's a terrible analogy. I have never met anyone witchy who wasn't so far progressive that "Liberal" is an insult again.
No, it's a great analogy. Puritans believed that any time anything bad happened to them, it was because of witches.

Whenever society doesn't work out the way SJWs want, they blame racists. Not particular racists, or any policies they can point to, but "systemic" racism. It's the witches of the 21st century.
The Little Mermaid remake is shaping up this way. It's bad press must be racism. Not the fact that the special effects look awful, and Flounder looks soulless, and it rewrites the plot, and it's a cash grab that no one wanted, and it rewrites Prince Eric out of a chunk of it because feminism, and they rewrote the classic songs also because if feminism, and the trailer is so dark in places that you can't see it.

It's racism. That excuse that keeps on giving.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I think Sebastian looks even worse than Flounder.
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

clearspira wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:21 pm It's racism. That excuse that keeps on giving.
The simple fact that the mermaid neither looks Italian (where the original story is set) nor like any of the traditional depictions of mermaids I've ever seen doesn't help matters at all.

I rather suspect they chose a black actress specifically to allow themselves to attribute any criticism to racism.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

It can be bad and specifical people can hate it because they're racist. Those things can both be true.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.