Suicide Squad may be a fantastic bomb

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Suicide Squad may be a fantastic bomb

Post by Madner Kami »

So how does this figure into the Arkham-timeline? Can somebody enlighten me? Apparently "Assault on Arkham" is also figuring into the "Arkham Origins->Arkham Knight"-verse, but King Shark is very different there, while SuicideSquad Kills the Justice League basically has the a version of the goofball King Shark you can see in the Suicide Squad movie or the Harley Quinn cartoon series. Not to mention, that the Assault-King Shark very definitly died in the movie. Also wasn't Deadshot white in pretty much every Arkham-iteration? And how and when did Batman reappear as the regular Batman after he went Scarecrow-Batman in the aftermath of Knight? How does this work?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:28 pm So how does this figure into the Arkham-timeline? Can somebody enlighten me? Apparently "Assault on Arkham" is also figuring into the "Arkham Origins->Arkham Knight"-verse, but King Shark is very different there, while SuicideSquad Kills the Justice League basically has the a version of the goofball King Shark you can see in the Suicide Squad movie or the Harley Quinn cartoon series. Not to mention, that the Assault-King Shark very definitly died in the movie. Also wasn't Deadshot white in pretty much every Arkham-iteration? And how and when did Batman reappear as the regular Batman after he went Scarecrow-Batman in the aftermath of Knight? How does this work?
Yes I was going to bring it up.

As far as the last thing, I thought this was specifically an else-world JL team that is in the Arkham universe.

I honestly don’t have a problem just saying it’s “another” person called King Shark.. because yeah the first guy died so fuck’m.

Also I’m considering that Lawton got cosmetic surgery to change his appearance, but your mileage may vary on that one.
..What mirror universe?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

There's audio recordings that establish the White Floyd is an alternate universe version from Earth-2 that was in Earth-1 (The Arkham version of it).
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

I'm bleeding from my ears trying to wrap my head around this stuff. There was a time when I enjoyed Elseworld-stories, heck, I tried my best to get all the Amalgam-comics back in the day, but lately this stuff is just getting on my nerves. I'm not certain when this began to become too much, I just can tell that it is. 🙄
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I think the creators want to keep pushing the envelop because they think that what people want, even if that means anyone who don't read too many comics can't enjoy it.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Madner Kami wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:31 am I'm bleeding from my ears trying to wrap my head around this stuff. There was a time when I enjoyed Elseworld-stories, heck, I tried my best to get all the Amalgam-comics back in the day, but lately this stuff is just getting on my nerves. I'm not certain when this began to become too much, I just can tell that it is. 🙄
Two of the biggest mistakes you can make in fiction is to A) Remove the threat of death because in doing so you remove the threat of consequences and B) The multiverse, because it is frequently confusing and makes your characters feel small and unimportant. This crosses over with (A).

It CAN be done as seen in ''No Way Home.'' But it must be done sparingly.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:07 am There's audio recordings that establish the White Floyd is an alternate universe version from Earth-2 that was in Earth-1 (The Arkham version of it).
Source? I'm reading from database sources that he was an imposter.

As per that narrative, the picture he's holding in the cartoon is actually the real Lawton's daughter and he's actually working towards kidnapping her.
..What mirror universe?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:17 am I think the creators want to keep pushing the envelop because they think that what people want, even if that means anyone who don't read too many comics can't enjoy it.
Well this is just a matter of comparing it to the animated movie that came out in 2012 that's based in the game universe.
..What mirror universe?
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:30 pm Source? I'm reading from database sources that he was an imposter.
It's complicated. The Deadshot you play at first says he's an imposter, this is then proved to be a wrong assumption by an audio log saying he's acually an alternate universe Deadshot due to the level of his skills, and then there's two more bits, one of them from Lex, that suggests that the Deadshot you play is actually the one from the alternate universe who has only been brought over recently without knowing it. That at least plays the best with the established history of the character over the Arkham games even if it does rely on silly AU shenanigans.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:30 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:07 am There's audio recordings that establish the White Floyd is an alternate universe version from Earth-2 that was in Earth-1 (The Arkham version of it).
Source? I'm reading from database sources that he was an imposter.

As per that narrative, the picture he's holding in the cartoon is actually the real Lawton's daughter and he's actually working towards kidnapping her.
Wait what exactly do you mean by “the one you play with?” Basically the one that you see in the movie and in Arkham city+origins?
..What mirror universe?