The Expanse - season three

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
lsgreg
Officer

Re: The Expanse - season three

Post by lsgreg »

Yeah, I totally missed the part where Fred Johnson was gonna be "replaced" by the Mormons when they first introduced him in the show. It made so much sense that he would soon steal the Nauvoo in season 2.
MadAmosMalone
Officer

Post by MadAmosMalone »

Regarding last night's ep, what the serious F**K?!?!?!?!?!?! I don't even know where to begin.
lsgreg
Officer

Post by lsgreg »

I know. it is one of the most out there episodes. I do know a lot of people are dead when those ships suddenly stopped. I am guessing Holden is gonna be a new emissary for the protomolecule aliens?
MadAmosMalone
Officer

Post by MadAmosMalone »

RottenTomatoes' YouTube channel sometimes features sneak peeks of upcoming eps. Yes, a lot of people got clobbered. Seriously wondering even more weren't killed.

Watched this week's ep two or three times. Still scratching my head about the "nucleus" bits and the cryptic conversations with the Miller simulacrum (simulacra?) and what happened to that one Martian soldier who got deconstructed like the Arboghast. One thing that keeps catching my ears the past several episodes is usage of the phrase "forget you." Takes me right outta the moment when I hear that.
ORCACommander
Officer

Post by ORCACommander »

the martian was literally repurposed as raw material for repairs
MadAmosMalone
Officer

Post by MadAmosMalone »

But why only him? Why wasn't the rest of the team broken down to their constituent atoms like that guy? I'd hafta watch the scene again but could it be because he fired first? Did any of the other martians take a shot?
ORCACommander
Officer

Post by ORCACommander »

i think he was the guy used the grenade and actually caused damage to the station
MadAmosMalone
Officer

Post by MadAmosMalone »

I re-watched last week's ep and you're absolutely right. It was the grenade guy who got deconstituted. Sometimes the action moves too quickly for these old eyes. It takes me sometimes three or four re-watches before I catch certain pertinent details. Speaking of "old," what's the story with Ashford? Am I imagining this or does the show (maybe through the use of camera angles or background music) give the impression he's up to something?
ORCACommander
Officer

Post by ORCACommander »

honestly you could smell the mutiny plot brewing from the first moment he walked upon the ship. this section of the show is significantly divergent from the books so i am not sure how its going to play out
MadAmosMalone
Officer

Post by MadAmosMalone »

ORCACommander wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:55 am honestly you could smell the mutiny plot brewing from the first moment he walked upon the ship. this section of the show is significantly divergent from the books so i am not sure how its going to play out
But that's what I mean, everything about him screamed "trouble," but I had the distinct impression I was being somehow misled.