Villains you would like to see portrayed in a Batman film

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Nessus
Officer

Re: Villains you would like to see portrayed in a Batman film

Post by Nessus »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:40 amBut, I'm not sure how NPH can't do Riddler. I might be undermining the character, again, but NPH gets the nuisance aspect down to a T. That poster as a Nolan projection makes me want to throw up, but I don't technically get what he's missing.
I dunno. I can't break it down into specifics, he just doesn't feel at all like the character to me, to the point of clashing even. I'm open to be proven wrong, but it just feels oil and water to me.

That poster sure isn't making the case, apart from making NPH look as punchable as possible. Which is certainly novel, as I generally find NPH likable, and a high punchability index is appropriate for the Riddler, but apart from that, no.
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:40 amDon't discount Assault on Arkham for Arkhamverse Riddler gameplay. His antics in that were just a bit more tasteful. Really though there's a reason you don't have to hear much of him in New Game + in the games.
Knight is the one Arkham game I haven't played. I've watched some let's play footage (including the Mr. Freeze DLC), but I don't know much about the Riddler parts other than he sets up huge elaborate Batmobile racetracks, and apparently he has robots now?
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

NPH is already a Batman villain anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InsuBdk ... gs=pl%2Cwn
Nessus
Officer

Post by Nessus »

Okay, that was hilarious and kind of brilliant. I had no idea that existed.
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

The Batman movie should be a musical.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

This may be controversial, but... I'd wanna see a Nolan-inspired Poison Ivy. I read a fanfic in that vein once by an author named Scruffy-looking (now Silicon Avatar) who also wrote a fanfic for DS9, and HOLY SHIT, it's good. It realistically explains an Ivy who'd be driven to commit such crimes, how she can control people to get them to do her bidding, and so on and so forth. If you haven't checked it out, I'd heartily recommend it.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2872737/1/ ... Green-Dawn

As written, it could really be seen as an interlude story between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Nessus wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:09 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:40 amDon't discount Assault on Arkham for Arkhamverse Riddler gameplay. His antics in that were just a bit more tasteful. Really though there's a reason you don't have to hear much of him in New Game + in the games.
Knight is the one Arkham game I haven't played. I've watched some let's play footage (including the Mr. Freeze DLC), but I don't know much about the Riddler parts other than he sets up huge elaborate Batmobile racetracks, and apparently he has robots now?
To be honest, for Arkham City I did a lot of Youtubing to find the trophies. I actually didn't know there were keys for them on the map and thought that you were supposed to literally go out and stumble upon like 120 collectibles.

For Arkham Knight I did nearly all of them on my own. I thought I was done, but there were like 7-8 in the building with his makeshift batcave and I had run out of patience considering there's like twice as many trophies/riddles this time around. Looking back on it, I wish I had a little more patience. Oh well the real challenge is all the challenge courses. And I went back and did Origins all on my own.
..What mirror universe?