Star Trek: Discovery - Season 4 (With Spoilers)

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Discovery - Season 4 (With Spoilers)

Post by Madner Kami »

People have the wierdest hobbies and fetishes, so why shouldn't some like this show?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:38 pm People have the wierdest hobbies and fetishes, so why shouldn't some like this show?
Because in the skillful art of comparing it to every episode that's come out before it, it is decidedly lacking.
Power laces... alright.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:01 am
Madner Kami wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:38 pm People have the wierdest hobbies and fetishes, so why shouldn't some like this show?
Because in the skillful art of comparing it to every episode that's come out before it, it is decidedly lacking.
We all watched Game of Thrones beyond season 5 or Enterprise before season 3. And don't pretend we all didn't watch Voyager beyond the first episode either... As said, people have the wierdest fetishes and hobbies...
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Madner Kami wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:54 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:01 am
We all watched Game of Thrones beyond season 5 or Enterprise before season 3. And don't pretend we all didn't watch Voyager beyond the first episode either... As said, people have the wierdest fetishes and hobbies...
Not my Star Trek.

I'm on TNG season 3 right now. Watching the series the first time from season 3, I thought they got to the good episodes much earlier, but going through it again and it's only at episode 22 and 24 of the season when they start getting interesting. Painfully long considering I watched seasons 1 and 2 this time.
Power laces... alright.
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

Frustration wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:22 pm I've heard people seriously suggesting that bots and paid stooges are behind the online praise Discovery has had posted. I have a hard time imagining that people find the show appealing.

[edit to add] How often do showrunners pay people to generate fake online comments?
I think it's more down the number of people watching it. There are plenty of people that would watch anything, no matter how bad it is and still see something good in it. Hell, I have a few personal favorite low budget B movies that despite being bad or even awful, I still find something interesting in them, be it ideas, plot or just some scenes. But these people and I are always in minority, a fringe, they aren't the majority. So I won't be surprised if the studio is astroturfing the numbers of "fans" and "viewers" (one of the advantage of streaming is that you're not obliged to release the viewership numbers and you can always use other means to prove that your show is totally successful I swear) to make the show appear more popular than it is, for example the r/startrek subreddit is nowadays banning literally anyone that dares to criticize the show in any way, and will justify that will all sort of bullshit reasons (the only ones that haven't been banned are the ones that posted how they're quitting the show because it's too much, too exhausting, I guess banning people for that would be ridiculous), while on YT there are dozens of users with no activity of any sorts that keep posting generic comments how X scene from Dis or PIC is great etc., something which I haven't seen happening on TNG, DS9, VOY or even ENT videos.
I even come across what appears to be a failed attempt at supporting NuTrek, looks like someone forgot what counts as "new trek", and the reply to the comment is laughable: https://i.imgur.com/4m3HJvT.png
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Its worth noting that bots and stooges telling people how awesome something is ARE a real confirmed thing right across the internet. Human beings are very easily led by someone else telling them that something is meant to be good. That is why companies selling on Amazon pay to have 5 star reviews.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

clearspira wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:38 pm That is why companies selling on Amazon pay to have 5 star reviews.
Sure but that works a lot better when your business model is "somebody pays a one time fee" as opposed to "somebody takes a 1 week free trial and has plenty of time to make up their opinion before paying any money, and making big profits relies on keeping your customers for extended periods of time."
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

I think you're seriously underestimating the number of people who will say that something is good (or bad), and act accordingly, because people around them say something is good (or bad).

To borrow from Monty Python's Life of Brian, a crowd saying in unison "We are all individuals" is the norm. The one man saying "I'm not!" is the exception.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

Episode 6:
-A TikTok tree! I was inspired by how the VFX crew screwed up the easiest VFX in history and decided to make my own shitty CGI and call it deep.
-"It was your call, not mine" Nah fam, it was the Felix' decision, but I guess that plot went nowhere
-Booker's father is mentioned for the first time, surely that won't be important later on
-"Mr. Saru is ready for you"
-"Similar encounters" Nope, not even close. If by "Enterprise" they they mean the 1701 one, then they never encountered any subspace rifts onscreen, and ENT-D was nearly destroyed by something similar, which was made worse by their warp drive. Oh and if the rift is a rupture, then one could potentially destroy an entire solar system. And a subspace tear has a tendency to chase ships with an active warp core. Not sure what the difference between the three is, but whatever. Also, VOY only had a short encounter with a subspace thingy, when they encountered the other Nacene. But hey, those aren't important, it's offscreen technobabble that matters.
-"Our warp drive needs to remain offline" Wow, I'm surprised at this piece of continuity. Discovery writers actually remembered that the ship used to have warp drives! Or that warp drives were like super important in the franchise!
-"My feelings are an organic evolution" That's not how evolution works
-This is such an important moment... which is why we will have a montage of scenes... with characters we barely know and care... but it's exciting... they'll learn nothing from what happens next... yay... lmao
-Adira and Gray scenes... skip!
-Wait... you're actually going into the tear...rift...whatever... You're... not gonna send a probe first? WHAT? The most important ship in Starfleet and you're not gonna send at least a probe of sorts before? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! WHAAAAAAAT! You people deserve to die!
-"Isn't it supposed to be bumpy?" Ugh, what? You just passed through a "bumpy layer"! Are you by any chance the mom of that bridge officer from Excelsior that asks Sulu if they should notify Stafleet of the Paxis explosion?
-I don't recall any instances where other ships entered subspace rifts onscreen... I guess every important detail now happens offscreen.
-"Space is loud" I mean, hey, at least they specified it's "loud" as in lots of EM radiation, so maybe they're not that stupid...
-"Convert it to audio" I take that back
-"Let me send a DOT first" NOW? AFTER YOU'RE INSIDE WHATEVER YOU ARE? NOW YOU SEND A PROBE?
-LMAO, WTF, why would a robot scream? What kind of nonsense is this? It's a fucking machine, why would it have pain programmed into it? BWHAHAHAHAHA
-After masculinity, now subspace has become toxic...
-Have you tried firing your phasers at the "nothingness"? You know, those things your ship has. You didn't say anything about not firing weapons at the anomaly...
-OK, I know Frakes directed this and usually he does a good job. But there's an amateurish mistake at around 13:25. When Gray is moving to the left of the screen, the camera pans a bit from left to right, then the image gets out of focus for a fraction of a second when the actor is moving towards the camera, then the camera shakes a bit to match the actor's direction. The entire scene feels like it was filmed by a freshman at the filmmaking school. Normally they would either reshoot the scene or remove it in editing. But instead, the scene gets added right in the middle of a wide shot, where the actor is moving behind the bar shelves, which is quite distracting. I can see a few explanations for this rookie mistake: Frakes got lazy and decided to not shoot another scene, which I find it unlikely since usually he's not that lazy. Or, the actor refused to do another take, for some reason, and that's all they had, which is very stupid. Or, whoever was in charge told Frakes and the cast "we'll fix it in post" only to not fix it at all, because I guess filming is expensive smh. Either way, it's almost as bad as some scenes in Army of The Dead.
-"You must be overwhelmed" BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! DUDE! It's a MACHINE! A supercomputer! Not a real flesh and blood person! It can calculate a thousand billion calculations per second! What's next, the computer needs a day off?
-"It might clear your head" Dude... it's... a... machine... if anything, telling it to play a game would cause it to be overloaded by even more pointless information...
-"I'm not a passenger hanging out in the lounge all day" Oh yea, why are you even on the ship if you're not part of the crew? Hell, if you claim to be training to be a Guardian, shouldn't you bee on the Trill homeworld instead? Is Discovery some orphanage now?
-"We have no reference point inside the void" just... put the ship in reverse... also, ever heard of gyroscopes?
-Why did they assume that the mycelial network would have been unaffected inside the rift? Were they eyeballing again? Great...
-Oh wow, Booker' father is back... who could have seen it coming
-Wait, wait, wait, hold on, hold on, hold... what... is... that... thing... on the inside of the spore drive chamber door?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r-q8Qj_pbA
Is that a.... hydraulic door closer? A 21st century door closer? What? AHAHAHAHAHAHA! And it's on the inside of the super duper dangerous spore drive chamber? AHAHAHAHAHAHA! WHAT? Are you telling me that 200/1200 years into the future they will still use that utter shit piece of hardware that everyone hates them today and are way too often impractical and even dangerous? Was it so hard to hide it? Just put a cutout plastic box over it, Jesus. How cheap and lazy is this show? I know they used in Picard a literal unmodified cheap lamp from IKEA, which they didn't even bother to give it a cheap paintjob, but this is even lazier. What's even more hilarious is that the damn door closer is literally in the middle of a dramatic scene, perfectly visible.
-"Now, science" "particles in the brain" yeah, OK
-The computer needs someone to tell it to tell the captain that it may detect a problem, even though this is something it should do that automatically. Said problem is the hull literally melting... which is something you can detect with a cheap IR camera. Great.
-Oh look, another white male dying a pointless death... I'm sensing a pattern here. Also, why didn't he beam out and chose to run instead? Hell, why didn't Zora beamed him out of the damaged area?
-"Not being able to do anything" The computer could have erected the forcefield like 1 meter behind the guy? Beam him out of there? What am I even watching?
-"Then your external sensors are getting some kind of input" Ugh, yeah, that's why they're called sensors...?
-"I have to tell them" Yeah, run half the ship, don't try to beam any closer to the bridge or anything... even if you weren't given a personal transporter, you can always ask the computer, and if it says no, then you can run...
-"I was having trouble focusing" Welp, they did it! The Discovery writers have managed to outdo themselves! The Discovery computer now has ADHD. It's official now. A fucking (super)computer now has attention deficit and has trouble concentrating. What's next, the computer will die from a brain aneurysm? Because at this rate, I might die from one.
-"The game helped me settle and focus" This was a line wrote by science fiction writers, let that sink in: A computer made of inorganic circuitry, who only achieved sapience because it absorbed an insane amount of data, now has trouble concentrating because it absorbed just a little tiny bit of more data and needed a coffee break to be able to focus. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
-"Greater focus creates greater awareness" You know what else creates greater detection? MORE DATA!
-"Hey, how should we create more character interaction? I mean, we have all these flesh and blood characters... oh I know, let's have the main character talk to the hallucination of a dead person! AGAIN!"
-"Anger drives you, as it did me" "We're both black men with almost no character development, we should be angry black men"
-"Tareckx" Yeah, I too would hate to have a name that looks like a keyboard typo
-"This is not a debate, Commander" Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, take it easy Saru, don't you know that when one of the nameless characters decides to do leave their station and do something random, you're supposed to just sit there and take it? What are you, some sort of superior officer?
-Our great savior Michael Burnham is giving encouragement to a computer... welp, they went there
-"I'm talking about feelings" You're always talking about feeling, Mickey.
-Ah yes, the Galactic Barrier is still a thing... somehow... and now there are particles of the galactic barrier...
-SONAR? Again with the sounds in space? Do these people heard of the expression "space is like an ocean" and actually think the space is an ocean? But then again, we had space whales, so...
-"What if everyone goes into the pattern buffer?" Given how underdeveloped most of the characters are, I assumed they already were.
-Wait, no one else tried to replicate Scotty's trick with the pattern buffer? Voyager was able to do it for a while, surely in 900 years they would have solved the kinks.
-"Please do so in groups" And everyone is literally grabbing hands, what is this, middle school? Bwhahahaha, what am I watching?
-Of course Burnham will bring them out of the pattern buffer, who else must save the day?
-"Mr Saru, I'm sorry, but I only impulsively wanted to help because a long time ago a friend died and there was nothing I could have done to save my friend" WHAT... AM... I... WATCHING... FFS! What is this? What the hell, why are you randomly just being impulsive? Why are you randomly telling people that you wanted to help because a long long time ago you went through a trauma? Did the actress just remember that she was supposed to say those lines and Frakes was like "Yeah, I'll allow it"? Hello, people, ever heard of something called timing? Relevance? No? OK...
-"I wasn't an abusive jerk dad, I was forced to be by the eeevil villains!"
-"You have to choose between Michael and you" wait, the two are still a thing? I honestly can't tell at this point.
-OH COME ON! REALLY? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! REALLY? REALLY?? They make Burnham walk in slowmo wearing that discount TRON suit while dramatic music, like she's about to do something amazing, even though she could have just beamed on the bridge, in fact I don't even know why she was away from the bridge in the first place in some random corridor, something to do with life support (should that be done in engineering or at least done by the computer?)
-Also, what is it with the shitty blue sparks everywhere? They look the same, are they using generic stock FX footage again?
-"Zora, take your bloody Adderall!"
-"I'm afraid, captain" So, the computer now has a panic attack... they've done it again...
-"Zora, listen to me. The only reason you're a mess is because I, Michael Burnham, am supposed to save the day, no matter how stupid the plot it is. And if I have to tell a (super)computer to focus and to calm down, which makes zero sense, dammit, I will do that, and there's even dramatic music while I slowly whisper!"
-"I, a biological being, will tell you, an inorganic machine, how to deal with feelings, even though I have no idea if your internal processes even work remotely similar to mine"
-Discovery is on fire! Since 2017...
-Yo, Mickey, where's your safe space bubble, maybe it could have helped you survive more on the bridge? Nah, that one only works for sound I guess...
-"I can sing you a song" Oh, fuck off
-Ah, yes, the day is saved again... hmmm...
-"What do you think?" Well, that's a 1000$ VFX, not great, not terrible

OK, I think this is the only episode so far that could have been salvaged. How? At the end of the episode, have the Discovery emerge from the other side not in the current century, but waay back in past, long before that Short Trek "Calypso". Since the ship was badly damaged, Zora uses the last functional systems to rebuild the ship to its original configuration. Calypso happens, then, when it's finally the 32nd century, more exactly right after Discovery attempted to leave the subspace tear, Zora reactivates the ship and brings back everyone from the transport buffer. And now that the ship is back to its original state, they will have to spend the final episodes solving the anomaly with less advanced technology, which would make things more interesting.
There. chef's kiss
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

Episode 7:
-Wait, so the "extra-galactic" aliens are right at the edge of the galaxy now? I guess the writers don't understand how galaxies work. I feel the need to compile a list of stuff the writers don't understand how they work, but I have a feeling a list of real life things that writers understand ho they work would be better, since it would be very short list.
-"It's already been a week" "I only require a few more moments" "You do?" OK, hold on, hold. So either Stamets doesn't know how (fast) computers work; either the writers seem to think that searching through the 100k years old database takes a week, even though last season it took like minutes; or, now the computer can somehow look up through a gigantic database and not get overwhelmed by data like in the previous episode. Either way, it's so stupid it's hilarious.
-Burnham trying to pet the Booker's pussy with a holographic pendulum... wait, didn't Booker said that Grudge hates holographic stuff since she can't smell it?
-"I somehow learned about the location of the aliens, but I'm not telling you" and you're not even gonna say how dangerous the aliens are, how is that a logical answer? Or even an emotional one?
-"Zora, I'm your Space Jesus Savior Michael Burnham, I demand you tell me, haven't you noticed that anyone who defied me suffered a terrible fate?" "I refuse" "How dare you!?"
-Wait, didn't they lift the "synth ban" back in Picard? Why is there still a ban on androids/AI? Sorry, "fully sentient integrated units", whatever that means.
-Sorry Mickey, Cronenberg is more important than you, so you may object all you want, he ain't gonna give in to your objections.
-"United Earth now represents Titan as well" so I guess the Moon, Mars, Jupiter and all the other important colonies in the Solar System just don't exist, eh?
-"We recently elected a new leadership whose more inclusive approach was inspired by you, in fact" Ha ha.. ahahaha... ahahahahaha... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Was this written to calm down the Michael Burnham fanboys that would have gotten mad that Kovich told Burnham to go to the conference instead of trying to solve the Zora situation a minute ago?
-"You want them back in the Federation" ...it's Earth you're talking about... DUH!
-Ah, the guy with the ink on his forehead is back, and he's got an eeeevil plan no doubt...
-OK, is that elevator shaft space the best place they could find to hold one of the most important meeting of the century? What, they couldn't have held it on some neutral planet? Or hell, in the cargo bay of another ship? A few episodes ago they were in that giant empty cargo bay, just beam in some stadium or use the "programmable matter" to build a small amphitheatre for the delegates? This is so ridiculous, it feels like they were mocking them.
-Why is the albino butterfly guy there? Just how important are they?
-"Somewhere beyond the edge of our galaxy" oh, so now they're not in the galaxy anymore? Or at the edge of it?
-"We cannot assume their intent is hostile, because the anomaly just hits random things randomly" You know what else does that? Mortar shells! Even if they aren't supposed to be hostile, it still causes serious harm, by that logic I take it we shouldn't take measures to prevent flooding because water is not sentient and cannot be evil?
-"Intent doesn't matter, actions do" See? Earth lady ge-"General, if I may?" No Burnham, you may not!
-"Tartan voles consume Denobulan blood worms by the millions at the start of their reproductive cycle. Caterpillars from the polyphemus moth have been known to devour entire crops, leaving farmers with nothing. Yet we do not ascribe malice to either species. We cannot judge their motives based on our own cultural contexts" Excuse me, I need to take a small break. First, to roll on the floor from laughing and second, to rewatch Chuck's video on the Crystalline Entity. I'll be right back.
-OK, OK, let's try to make sense out of this nonsense. First off, you know, there is a gigantic difference between maggots and crops and sentient creatures. Namely, unlike maggots and grains, we can think for ourselves. We have self-awareness. We understand what harm means. We feel pain. We (well, most of us anyway) can think and act beyond "eating, shitting, fucking" and also (sometimes) care for others, even for creatures that are not members of our own species. So it's extremely stupid to even classify us as "maggots and crops", when you yourself said that we know very little if anything about them. And even if we were like maggots and crops to them, so what? That doesn't mean that what they did is acceptable. They nearly caused the extinction of another sentient species due to their negligence. That's not something you just brush off, especially when one of the last few members of said species is right next to you and hears you (hey, remember Booker, he's right there), you insensitive prick! Not to mention, it doesn't matter if a pest is evil or not, by destroying your crops and "leaving farmers with nothing", your exact words BTW, you're destroying people's lives, and guess what, it doesn't matter if a mindless pest or some malicious company did that, the end result is the same. But hey, I guess the dead can't protest, so we'll just ignore them. I mean, hey, the Control program from S2 wiped out all life from the Galaxy not out of malice, but because that's what its programming lead him to. But I guess since racist against AIs is acceptable, then he was eeevil, especially when you consider that it took control of a white dude, clearly he's 200% eeevil.
-"Captain Burnham's remarks point us toward one logical path: a peaceful approach to first contact." Ah yes, we all know how well the first contact between "maggots" and "voles" goes, and of course who could forget the ultra peaceful first contact between a "crop" and a "pest". All those little flies that try to enter my eyes during hot and wet summers, clearly they don't mean harm, they just want to lay their eggs there so I can see their actions in a different light, they're trying to make me change my view while seeing their children in front of my eyes until they reach maturity and emerge with a new view of life... Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha, holy cow, these people are stupid, aren't they...
-Hey, how should we make Kovich appear even more cool? I know! We make Stamets act like a complete fucking moron! Ofcourse he would try to "silently" talk to Kovich and Saru about Zora by having Zora play music in the background. Everyone knows that only idiots try to have such conversation outside the ship where Zora can't hear them and do anything about it, like Stamets feared! What was he trying to achieve exactly?
-Oh no wait, let's not actually make Stamets an idiot, let's make him a bigoted idiot, clearly that's what the other gay character from the show needs to be! "Oooooh, bad AI was bad, all AIs are bad. Must hate AIs because all AIs bad!"
-So if the ship's AI becomes too AI, then Starfleet would just extract it and place it in another body of sorts? OK... that sort of makes sense I guess...
-Ah, so Zora now has a death wish... I'm sure this will go somewhere
-Wow, 10/10 security, anyone can beam near the most important person on the room, namely the Federation president... but them again Starfleet is incapable of defending themselves against cosplay mall ninjas that wield long swords in close quarter fights.
-"I'll totally let this random guy to talk, when previously I asked the other delegates to speak in an official manner"
-"Every one of you failed. Why? Because the show didn't have the budget to show your attempts and it's cheaper to use 'tell don't show' than spend time on crafting interesting stories"
-"And you don't have this" WTF, can you project a lower resolution image? I can't see shit, not helped by the fat that the image is transparent. And how do you expect people from the lower levels to even see what's there?
-Oh, so now you talk about respecting protocols? WTF lady, do you just let anyone talk anything and only then you take measures? No, wait. You actually didn't take any measures. Sorry.
-"Isolytic weapons were banned by the Khitomer accords" Yup, they're so bad they gave us Star Trek: Insurrection. Oh, and you can seal one using a warp core. So, not very bad.
-"Irreparable damage to subspace" "warp travel to be impossible in that sector" That's... that's the Omega Molecule. Isolytic bursts cause subspace tears, you know, not that different from what the Anomaly leaves behind!
*"They could see it as an act of war" Lady, we're long past that. And how would they even see that? How would they even know it was an attack?
-Oh great, the special needs kids are here to give a suggestion... that will be immediately rejected... so what was the point of their contribution?
-"Anyone on this ship can be a threat if they so choose" Wow, that's a great way of not making a point. There's a difference between the ship's computer and random personnel.
-So the ship's computer now cares for the ship's crew because it chooses to? What.
-"I had an intrinsic understanding of Klingon culture" The show doesn't understand Klingon culture, how can you? Also, no, no, no, you do not!
-And yet again, the President that initially doubted Burnham, now again, asks for her help... great character development.
-"Your captain is very great at poking holes" More like plot holes
-Ooooooook... so... the writers are scraping the scrapped bottom of the barrel if they really are making another Lorca-like character that's from a parallel universe who wants to go back home by stealing an important piece of technology...
-"A friend" and by "friend", he means friend or "friend"?
-That's a nice speech Booker, but it's clear that Burnham has to save the day again
-So, Zora has emotion and personality because it... dreams... aka clip show... inside her hardware... Ahahahahahahahahaha, so the computer has emotions because it keeps seeing the same cheesy emotional scenes from the show over and over again, and has no control over them? I for one would go mad and kill everyon, hey maybe that's how Control came to be, he kept seeing the same shitty emotional clips of the Discovery "characters" and decided that life isn't worth living so he just wiped out all the life out there... finally, we have an explanation for why Control went apeshit.
-Sorry, but you can't just juxtapose the Zora situation/Stamets' thoughts and Burnham's speech together, because neither is alike: Zora didn't kill anyone, even by accident, I think, it sure as hell didn't create some super duper giant space anomaly that "accidentally" causes genocide, it won't retaliate with genocidal thought against the people below her, and you know more about Zora in the last 5 minutes than you know about "Species 10-C" in the last month. They're nothing alike. Also, yes, the Federation has sought out new life to make first contact, however the aliens that made the anomaly didn't do that, they instead made some bullshit space thingy that accidentally caused genocide.
-Also, here's something that has escaped the writers, because they were too busy making Burnham be right about everything: Zora knows the location of the aliens, but won't reveal it, because going there is too dangerous... going there, as in... first contact... INITIATING FIRST CONTACT WITH THESE ALIENS IS VERY DANGEROUS! And for some reason no one at the conference ever asked if this could be a problem? The president didn't reveal this information? Even when there's the risk of war with these powerful aggressors? Yet "wE kNoW nOtHiNg Of ThIs SpEcIeS"! Yeah, let's do a very risky blind vote which could lead to war against an alien species the computer decides it's too dangerous to contact!!!
-Sooo, what stops the non-Federation members that voted to strike from ganging up and actually striking at the anomaly, since they're not bound by any treaties with the Federation? Oh yeah, nothing. What a stupid vote.
-So "Starfleet's rules against integrated AI" do not apply if you classify the AI as "a new life form"? How does that make sense? Zora might be created out of different circumstances, but it's still an AI!
-"The ship's computer should join Starfleet... as a specialist" How does that even make sense? It's already Starfleet property! Hello, the AI needs the ship's hardware, you know, that mysterious region from her hardware?
-Well, that failsafe was a pointless thing
-Stamets, the only spore drive pilot in the Starfleet (Booker is not in Starfleet) was to be reassigned from the only ship with a functional spore drive to another ship? WTF, what kind of dumb decision is that? I guess they couldn't end the episode without making Kovich an idiot, must appease the Burnham.
-YES! Finally! The most usele- second most useless character in Discovery is out of the ship! Thank God!
-Are they seriously continuing the Saru-T'Rina not!romance?
-Ah, finally something interesting happens. Finally Booker has some balls. Probably won't last long, given the show, but whatever. Oh and now the sporedrive is the size of a box? At this rate it will be the size of an actual spore.
-Oh, so Booker finally decided to not take the cat with him whenever he goes in some dumb place? Actually intelligent decision? Probably won't last long.
-"Shit. Book. No. Please, no" Hey, can you whisper that even lower and show even less emotion? For a moment I actually heard what you said.

And with this, the show takes a break for a month. It's amazing how much they managed to fuck up. I can't even get properly mad at them, they don't even try anymore. It's now basically an unintentional comedy, like watching a trainwreck in slowmo. And now they're taking a break with a stupid cliffhanger, because they can't just reveal the "mystery" since then the season will literally have nothing interesting to show... you know... three episodes before the season finale. Which I imagine will probably either be the Kelvans or the Tentacle robots from the Picard S1 finale, because at this point the series has nothing good to offer.