What Makes the MCU Work?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: What Makes the MCU Work?

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I think they do a decent enough job showing that he's heavily conflicted when he says that and expresses with deliberate uncertainty.
Power laces... alright.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Agree, and with the whole you owe them nothing line makes Superman parents seem like morally bankrupt cowards.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I think you're kind of undermining the theme of deliberateness and self will. It's an incredible decision to be Superman and it's something I'm more comfortable the film exhibits as something he's struggling with.
Power laces... alright.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

I think the show SMALLVILLE handled that a lot better where Pa Kent is trying to protect Clark from people learning of his abilities, but at the same time not wanting to discourage Clark from doing the right thing and help people. It's a fine line. I thought MOS fumbled it.

Snyder is a lot like Michael Bay, where he's very good at conjuring up visuals but doesn't have much of a grasp on storytelling. And given how he has his marketing refer to him as a "visionary director", I suspect he's the kind that likes to brag about how his shit doesn't stink.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Agree, plus they act like we should care about what happens to ma when she doesn't vare for innocent lives