KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC REMAKE!!! YES!!!

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC REMAKE!!! YES!!!

Post by hammerofglass »

My comment was directed at Yukaphile, I apologize if that wasn't clear.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

hammerofglass wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:40 pm My comment was directed at Yukaphile, I apologize if that wasn't clear.
I know, so was mine, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Would anyone be interesting in talking about what kind of pre ordered bonus they might have for this game?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Sure. Heard any rumors?

If we're wildly speculating, Revan's iconic mask as equipable gear. AFAIK it was never available in the original game, but the robe was like five rooms from the end if you were dark side and had been hoarding computer spikes all game.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

No I haven't sorry, just thinking. Should it be a in game item or something physical.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I was thinking in-game but now I kinda want it physical too.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

I would too but one problem with that is that not everyone has the same size head, maybe his lightsaber could work but a helmet is cool.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

I sincerely hope there's no cosmetics or similar stuff going to give away "the big reveal". I mean, we're all aware of what is going to happen and technically I do not mind it appearing "too early" on repeat-plays and I doubt most new players will be completely unaware of who the hero is, but please... Pay lip-service to my suspension of disbelief and before you point out my choice in not equiping the damn thing: We all know this is going to be a superb item that you absolutely need to equip for min-maxing reasons.

Small side-issue: If you allow abhuman species, that kinda will give the twist away, won't it? I mean, imagine an Ithorian Revan... How would this be a surprise to anyone and how would anyone inside the game manage to not notice the obvious? But then again, this would be pure cosmetics and choice for the player, unlike an equipable item that is almost primed to have unavoidably-good stats.

As for gameplay, you know what would really hype me? If they completely ditch the old combat and went straight for a Fallen Order or... dare I say it, Force Unleashed type of gameplay? Especially the later is still one of, if not the best display of a combatant powerful in the force in my opinion. I mean, remember the later Jedi Knight games? Picking force grip as a power and throwing the enemies off Bepsin? Or monorail trains high up in the sky of Coruscant? Now imagine it would actually look cool, too...
Last edited by Madner Kami on Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Could either of those styles work with multiple characters since both force unleashed and Family orders basically have you only control one character most of the time.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Honestly even if they keep the under-the-hood-it's-turn-based approach just using a modern ruleset would make it so much smoother to play. The original was clunky even for a D20 system game.