New Picard trailer

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: New Picard trailer

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:34 pm Is Michael Burnham a mary sue?
A variant of.

I think Mary Sue is of the most loaded terms used as a pejorative, and I don't think Michael's character is fundamentally flawed, but the show follows her despite her being closed off and reserved. That's what Tv Tropes said or something.
..What mirror universe? ;/
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:34 pm Is Michael Burnham a mary sue?
That term gets thrown around these on internet all the time regardless of is it accurate or not. I would say that because she has clear flaws she isn't one. Those flaws being her being closed off and reserved.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Mostly anti-Feminists say that.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Yukaphile wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:46 pm Mostly anti-Feminists say that.
Yeah lol
..What mirror universe? ;/
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

1)shits about to go android uprising in star trek from the looks of it. 2)how is Data talking to Picard is that really Data or some part of picard's subconscious talking to him, maybe it is Locutus trying to take over.Is Q messing with Picard again, is Data somehow "hacking" his way out of the afterlife.are other crew members seeing Data in their dreams too like picard is maybe it is different for each one. worf for exp:Data is busting out of sto-vo-kor.