Sean Bean discussion

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
lsgreg
Officer

Sean Bean discussion

Post by lsgreg »

Just decided to start a discussion about one of my favorite actors Sean Bean. He is the guy that is known for dying unexpectedly in series and movies. Rather than derail another chat, I am just stating a chat here. I just watched Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix, and it is top notch and he is amazing in it. And spoilers! He dies at the end of season 1! He is still the main character in season 2 though, but you have to expect it from a series with a Frankenstein theme.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Sean Bean discussion

Post by Madner Kami »

Dies "unexpectedly"? Sometimes I have the feeling he get's typecast for that type of role.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

He is a great Sharpe and stays alive in those.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Spoilers for the Silent Hill films:

He survives both of them! Incredible, given the setting and his recurring pattern of death.
lsgreg
Officer

Post by lsgreg »

Madner Kami wrote:Dies "unexpectedly"? Sometimes I have the feeling he get's typecast for that type of role.
Yep, in almost GOT fashion actually. It was actually quite entertaining because I started saying out loud," No!!! not again!" It almost seems like a troll to his fans at this stage...
Kinky Vorlon
Officer

Post by Kinky Vorlon »

He also survives in Ronin, although he does get fired after the first 20 minutes.
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our lives slip away moment by moment lost in that vast, terrible in-between.
cilantro
Officer

Post by cilantro »