Star Wars: The Clone Wars has a new Season.

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
MyUserName
Officer

Star Wars: The Clone Wars has a new Season.

Post by MyUserName »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7WyhWZkzk&t=1s

While I should be happy to have the series back, I'm not.

It's been confirmed for only 12 episodes. One story arc ties into a battle mentioned in the New Canon Ashoka Novel. No mention of the four episode Son of Dathomir story arc. No mention of the eight episode Dark Disciple story arc. No mention of delivering 1313's story in this series, or having Boba Fett return to claim slave 1. No mention of the Zilo beast cloning project.

It's only airing ONLY on disney's streaming services. Because f**k making a show your fans want to see accessible.

It's a step forward, but all news indicates the other foot is still firmly planted in old habits.

Also, we know Lucas was heavily involved in directing and story boarding the series. Going so far as to cause broadcast delays be destroying current projects if he wasn't happy with Filoni's direction. I'm not certain the series can be the same without that kind of work ethic directing it.

I'm kinda like Scully at the moment, I want to believe. But I can't. Not yet.
Robovski
Captain

Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars has a new Season.

Post by Robovski »

Just like CBS All Access, I'm giving the Disney streaming service a miss - and I expect the show will be on other services in other regions in which case I might watch it on a service I already pay for but through a different region.
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

"New season" isn't accurate. The series is getting it's intended ending.

What was so bad about the Son of Dathomir comic? They new episodes are going to be the siege of Mandalore, we're getting the follow-up to that story anyway.
MissKittyFantastico
Officer

Post by MissKittyFantastico »

If there's no reference to Dark Disciple (they don't have to Threshold it out of existence, although that'd be nice, just don't say or do anything that reminds me it got written and we're good), I'll be happy to pick it up on dvd just for more Snips.
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

I'm going to be honest I haven't really been enjoying the Disney Era of Star Wars all that much. I liked The Force Awakens, Rouge One and Rebels but I didn't really love any of them or at least not as much as I loved the Original Trilogy, Knights of the Old Republic, The Thrawn Trilogy and, of course, TCW. And the Last Jedi came around and currently holds the rank of my least favorite SW's film ever and only gets worse the more I watch/think about it. And Solo is currently the first SW film I didn't go see in theaters.

But Clone Wars getting one more season so it can have a proper conclusion, now THAT'S got me exited as while I do feel that the endings of Seasons 5 and 6 are both great endings to the show, (TCW was originally only suppose to have five seasons but Lucas hinted that he might just keep the show going if he felt there was more stories to tell... and then Disney cancelled it) there was still so much left unresolved. Rebels tired to answer these questions with mixed success but it's just not the same IMHO.

So yeah I cheered when I saw the trailer that was released today and I can't wait to see it. Hopefully this will do what a finally should do and make me want to re-watch the series all over again and not pull a Mass Effect 3 and just make me wonder what was the point of it all, (though techinally speaking Revenge of the Sith is the finally of the Clone Wars so either way we still get a good finally :D).
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

I, for one, am very happy with this news. Even if we're only getting 12 episodes, it's better than nothing. Question is will we get Siege of Mandalore + the Utapau and Bad Batch arcs or will SoM with two we haven't seen yet?

And yeah, this better have a Blu-Ray release for the love of god, so let's just hope and pray. I mean, even if it doesn't, it WILL be put up online eventually. Just when I was like: TLJ was so terrible, Episode IX has nowhere to go, Solo bombed and they're blaming the backlash on the fans and attacking them, making me decide that once Rebels Season 4 was on Blu-Ray, I'd buy that and bow out for a while until Disney gets the house of Lucasfilm in order.

I honestly think this is an extended olive branch after TLJ alienated and pissed so many fans and Solo bombed. The conflict between Lucasfilm and the fans has gotten worse and worse in the past seven months, arguably worse than ever. They know they can't pin the blame on the fans for long, it's only hurting them in the long run. They need TCW to get so many of us back on their side at this point. Sorry if that sounds smug, but dear god this puts a smile on my face.

Now, all we need is a confirmed Blu-Ray/DVD release and we're golden.
MyUserName
Officer

Post by MyUserName »

GandALF wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:01 am "New season" isn't accurate. The series is getting it's intended ending.

What was so bad about the Son of Dathomir comic? They new episodes are going to be the siege of Mandalore, we're getting the follow-up to that story anyway.
According to multiple rumors, there were scripts and/or storyboards that covered events all the way into season 8. So no, this isn't it's intended ending. Dark Disciple was meant to be eight episodes, Son of Dathomir was supposed to be four. We also needed a conclusion to the Zilo Beast Cloning project, Boba Fett getting his ship from Hondo, Bad Batch and Utapu arcs could be fully animated.

And hey, I like the Mando's and Ashoka, but I'd honestly rather see Son of Dathomir. They aren't saving the series as if they were, it would be WAY longer than 12 episodes, it seems to me they are bringing back episodes THEY want that can tie into New Canon.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Keep buying that good PR.

Next up. KOTOR is canon.

I swear i made some speculative posts about this happenning a while ago.
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

MyUserName wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:28 am
And hey, I like the Mando's and Ashoka, but I'd honestly rather see Son of Dathomir. They aren't saving the series as if they were, it would be WAY longer than 12 episodes, it seems to me they are bringing back episodes THEY want that can tie into New Canon.
TCW is the basis for new canon. Doesn't anyone remember the Mandalorians being completely changed? Lucasfilm doing controversial things isn't anything new.
unknownsample
Officer

Post by unknownsample »

GandALF wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:06 am
MyUserName wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:28 am
TCW is the basis for new canon. Doesn't anyone remember the Mandalorians being completely changed? Lucasfilm doing controversial things isn't anything new.
How little people forget.