The Mandalorin

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Ordo
Officer

The Mandalorin

Post by Ordo »

“After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic,” the Iron Man and Jungle Book filmmaker posted.

Favreau will write the script and serve as EP on the series.

Well, I'm game. I enjoyed Rogue One and Solo the most out of the new films, and they've got the directors of the Clone Wars and Thor Ragnarok working on a few episodes so that is even better.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Re: The Mandalorin

Post by Karha of Honor »

Please just don't put more into this crap era. Disney admit rehashing the Rebels vs Empire was a mistake. i promise i will tell my Russian contact they i don 't want his money and mail order brides anymore.
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

Maybe it will be good, I like Rebels and I'm looking forward to the seventh season of Clone Wars but honestly The Last Jedi was a real let down for me and as of right now most of the films just feel like their simultaneously trying to recapture the glory days while also trying to one up them and prove how much better this new era is... only for that to come falling down when all they do is feel like hollow copies of Stories that where, IMO, done better in the Legends continuity.

Rouge One, Kyle's story was more engaging and Kyle himself is much more memorable then most of the characters in RO. Solo? While convoluted I much prefer Han's backstory that we got in the Novel Trilogy that focused on him while the resent film honestly felt more convoluted then what we got in Legends. The Sequel Trilogy? The Thrawn Trilogy is still considered a classic that revitalized Star Wars and it's influence on the series and Pop Culture is only matched only by the Original Trilogy while I honestly wonder if The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi will really stand the test of time.

Please note I liked Awakens when it first came out and I was willing to forgive most of it's flaws as the sequel could address them and help flesh out the story. Instead we got Last which was more interested in subverting everyone's expectations in ways that I felt was rather stupid as the surprises are only surprising because it doesn't fit any of the characters from the original Trilogy or even the newer films.

And on a side note, given how similar the characters are between Rouge One and Rebels how much does anyone want to bet that RO was the intended series finally of Rebels before someone found the script and decided to use that for the first anthology film. I mean wouldn't that make more sense if the characters we've been following for however long Rebels was suppose to last that it would end with them going after the plans for the Death Star. In fact I also wonder, given how similar the two look, if Ezra was suppose to be Kyle and at the end of the series he would change his name or briefly use the name Kyle Katarn to show that he was a Canon Character All Along.

Silly fan dream? Maybe but I like the idea. :D
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

I like the new Trilogy and dislike the "Star Wars Story" stuff.
This looks like it will work, because it is about an original character, but contains the trappings of the franchise that have been shown to be popular.
It is also not about a planet destroying super weapon.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
unknownsample
Officer

Post by unknownsample »

Rocketboy1313 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:17 pm I like the new Trilogy and dislike the "Star Wars Story" stuff.
This looks like it will work, because it is about an original character, but contains the trappings of the franchise that have been shown to be popular.
Blimey someone on here likes the new trilogy?
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

unknownsample wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:23 pm
Rocketboy1313 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:17 pm I like the new Trilogy and dislike the "Star Wars Story" stuff.
Yup, shouldn't be a surprise, lot of people enjoyed both films so far...and not all are going to go on a forum and spend time talking about it.

For example, I love the new Voltron series on Netflix....but I don't spend any time engaging with the fandom or discussing it online. I just watch the episodes and enjoy.
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

Honestly, the amount of bitching is just baffling to me.
At a certain point I have to assume what marks someone as a "fan" of Star Wars is their capacity to complain about Star Wars.

I've seen 7 and 8 twice each, and liked them each time. People seem to dislike things that I like in the movies, so whenever somebody tells me, "This thing was so bad..." I have just started to tune them out.

There is a never ending font of genre fiction in the world now I have no idea how anybody has time to hate anything for more than a few minutes.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

There are people who get off when they are being asphyxiated. There are people who enjoy cutting themselves with razor-blades. People who are living in the paradoxical state of only being happy, when they are unhappy. What surprises you?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
MrL1992
Officer

Post by MrL1992 »

Because people who like it aren't motivated to rant on forms at any excuse for an opportunity.

I'm glad they really trying to truly 'expand' the yniverse. Whose willing to bet that Kathleen Kennedy will be blamed if this goes wong yet not thanked if it goes right?
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Rocketboy1313 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:43 am
Honestly, the amount of bitching is just baffling to me.
At a certain point I have to assume what marks someone as a "fan" of Star Wars is their capacity to complain about Star Wars.

I've seen 7 and 8 twice each, and liked them each time. People seem to dislike things that I like in the movies, so whenever somebody tells me, "This thing was so bad..." I have just started to tune them out.

There is a never ending font of genre fiction in the world now I have no idea how anybody has time to hate anything for more than a few minutes.
It's Disney. Managed to make both ESPN and friggin Star Wars a partisan political hellscape.
MrL1992 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:26 pm
Because people who like it aren't motivated to rant on forms at any excuse for an opportunity.

I'm glad they really trying to truly 'expand' the yniverse. Whose willing to bet that Kathleen Kennedy will be blamed if this goes wong yet not thanked if it goes right?
I hope Dsiney blackmailed her into silence and someone else is in charge behind the scenes.