Death Stranding

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Ordo
Officer

Death Stranding

Post by Ordo »

youtu.be/-HBJUHbjdIU

Okay...it's Kojima so it's going to be weird...but it looks like you are trying to reconnect society by going to various enclaves, while trekking through a world made hostile by unknown beings and extremists. Gameplay looks like a variation on MGSV The Phantom Pain. That games combat system was pretty good but other issues brought it down. I am...cautiously optimistic about this game.
Deledrius
Captain

Re: Death Stranding

Post by Deledrius »

I don't understand. Why are they not bothering to translate titles on import games anymore?
Elderdog
Officer

Re: Death Stranding

Post by Elderdog »

I'm just curious about the type of game we'll be getting from Kojima because I feel like he occasionally has problems reconciling certain plot threads and stories with the overarching narrative of his games. On the one hand I'm glad that he's willing to take risks in his narratives but, at the same time his stories have a tendency to be more complicated than necessary and that he also has a tendency to tell the audience what's going on rather than showing them what's happening.