Watch Dogs Legion

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Ordo
Officer

Watch Dogs Legion

Post by Ordo »

youtu.be/3orYqGDSDUk

Not going to lie, the part with the sweet little old British Grandmother taking out mooks with a stun gun kind of sold me on this game. I'm also tempted by the challenge of not losing anyone in my Resistance cell during the game itself. I don't pre-order anymore, but I will keep an eye on the reviews for this one.

youtu.be/JLgJqB7Nh2Q
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Watch Dogs Legion

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

The first WD could have easily been a game with a cool concept that subverted conventional 3rd person sabotage/espionage games (like Hitman) but winding up falling short of a wholesome experience. Deus Ex had hacking and it was a fun little "tool" in your arsenal, but it was kind of thick and discrete at the same time with its dedicated RPG elements. And by the time you're able to hack ATM machines big time the money wasn't as useful anyway. I'm just talking about hacking as a game element lol sorry.

Anyways I'm glad this game got not only a first, but a second sequel as well.
..What mirror universe?
Antiboyscout
Captain

Re: Watch Dogs Legion

Post by Antiboyscout »

There is a lot of potential in the UK setting for Watch Dogs if they are willing to reflect reality.

Thought crimes are already becoming law. Just imagine Sadiq Khan's London taken to 11. More and more budget diverted to the Internet Crimes Division even as actual crimes soar.

But i'm guessing that's not what they're going for.