A new angle to the "Janeway intentionally stranded her crew" theory...

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Yukaphile
Overlord

A new angle to the "Janeway intentionally stranded her crew" theory...

Post by Yukaphile »

I think I finally get what Chuck's been harping on all along. It might have just been a twisted way to bring the Maquis over into Starfleet training.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Mecha82
Captain

Re: A new angle to the "Janeway intentionally stranded her crew" theory...

Post by Mecha82 »

Well it would fit Chuck's Parody Janeway but I just can't see actual Janeway to be that much of mastermind. Nothing she did during series indicates that she would be that smart and clever.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

She could just be legitimately mentally ill, and her dad shielded her and allowed her to rise to the ranks in a way she should not. Nepotism and all that. :lol:
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Kinky Vorlon
Officer

Post by Kinky Vorlon »

So Janeway pulled a Homer.
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our lives slip away moment by moment lost in that vast, terrible in-between.
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

Then we shouldn't fear Janeway the "Devil", but Starfleet the "Idiot Dreamer"? Btw latter is lovecraft refrence.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Isn't this more or less canon? She had a weeks-long breakdown over it in "Night".
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

My apologies. I meant "deliberately stranded them for self-serving motives" rather than what Chuck eventually concedes was just messing it all up in a rush.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Janeway as written in season 1 is a paragon of virtue. I cannot see her doing something underhanded.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.