RIP Rene Auberjonois

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
MerelyAFan
Officer

RIP Rene Auberjonois

Post by MerelyAFan »

Damn. Second major cast member of the TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT era to pass away. Guy was a talented actor and completely transformed himself when playing Odo.
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Re: RIP Rene Auberjonois

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

Oh shit, that's awful. I've always enjoyed him as an actor and it's just terrible to learn he's gone. First Big Bird/Oscar, now Odo...
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

No... :'(
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

MerelyAFan wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:41 pm Damn. Second major cast member of the TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT era to pass away. Guy was a talented actor and completely transformed himself when playing Odo.
We are at that point now sadly where we will be hearing of many more. Its funny how easy it is to forget just how old most of these actors are now as we all remember them from episodes that are frozen in time.

RIP, Rene.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

This is sad. We lost another Trek actor so soon.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

What? No.... =(
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

clearspira wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:14 pm
MerelyAFan wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:41 pm Damn. Second major cast member of the TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT era to pass away. Guy was a talented actor and completely transformed himself when playing Odo.
We are at that point now sadly where we will be hearing of many more. Its funny how easy it is to forget just how old most of these actors are now as we all remember them from episodes that are frozen in time.

RIP, Rene.
Exactly. Its sometimes hard to remember DS9 went off the air more than 20 years ago.

Avery Brooks is 71. Nana Visitor is 62 for example.

Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko) is 41...
I got nothing to say here.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

McAvoy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:03 am
clearspira wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:14 pm

RIP, Rene.
Exactly. Its sometimes hard to remember DS9 went off the air more than 20 years ago.

Avery Brooks is 71. Nana Visitor is 62 for example.

Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko) is 41...
Between the "What We Left Behind" doc and watching "The 7th Rule" after Aron's passing, this is becoming an inescapable fact. :( So many of them I wish I could have met.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

I was too shocked to cry until I saw Nana Visitor's Tweet about it.

That made me break down. Not sure why. :(

RIP to the man who gave Odo life. He was one of the best we'll ever see.
9ansean
Officer

Post by 9ansean »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-VvqbpLnL0

This fun little outtake speaks for itself and will hopefully lighten the mood a little. Way to go Rene!