Who here is Excited for Rise of Skywalker

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Winter
Captain

Who here is Excited for Rise of Skywalker

Post by Winter »

Honest question, who here is looking forward to the last chapter of the Disney Sequel Trilogy? Are you Excited to see how it all ends or are you just kinda meh on the whole thing?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Who here is Excited for Rise of Skywalker

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

My past interest in this trilogy can be described as waffling to flat, though thankfully I've revitalized interest in the trilogy as in my other thread I talked about revisiting the entire saga.

I hope anyone doesn't mind me complaining about TFA, but that first scene with the Falcon against the Tie Fighters was a complete misfire in story pacing. I had yet to develop ANY concerning hope for these characters and they're already trying to recreate the "don't get cocky" scene. It just feels rushed. I was fine with them revealing the Falcon the way they did even if it took like 10 seconds for the editing to wake up and switch scenes, but sitting back for a minute and I felt anxious. As an aside, it was somewhat apparently an exhibition scene to show the new toys off, but comes off imo as a shinily distracting piece. I heard about how it's like the only IMAX scene that they pushed for the IMAX stuff, so even that adds to the indifference I think.
..What mirror universe?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Honestly even if the story is crap it looks like the sheer spectacle will be worth the ticket price.

I'm also unreasonably happy about that trailer shot of the Falcon and Ghost flying into combat side by side. Just full-on fanboy squeeing.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Excited? Not really. I'm much more interested in what's going to happen next week on The Mandalorian.

I am curious, though, to see how it all ends and if JJ will manage to salvage some sense out of it. :)
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Sure I am excited about Rise of Skywalker but then again I always have to watch every main Star Wars movie helped by fact that so far I have been liking sequel movies. Something that I know that some in here don't agree with.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

To be clear, I am really hoping to get a fun film. :D

I've just been let down too much to be prematurely excited. ;)
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Previously there was a huge group of my friends and family that went to see the new Star Wars movies together, about a dozen of us in total. Now it's just my best friend and I and it's more out of a sense of obligation than any sense of enthusiasm. Since we've seen nearly every new Star Wars release in the cinema together since 97.

Star Wars died with TLJ. We're just going positively ID the corpse.

After that, plenty of booze.
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Absolutely none. I just want 9 to be over and done with.
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

I read the spoilers, so not at all.

Disney is fortunate to have The Mandalorian maintaining any current positivity toward the franchise.
The owls are not what they seem.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Died...? Died at TLJ? :(
..What mirror universe?