KK says the trilogy format is no more from here on

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

KK says the trilogy format is no more from here on

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/16/kathleen-kennedy-says-star-wars-films-will-deviate-from-trilogy-format-after-the-rise-of-skywalker

This seems like a good thing considering Disney wants to make a Star Wars universe and the Trilogy takes a lot of room on the plate with a lot of people indifferent to the matter.
Power laces... alright.
Mecha82
Captain

Re: KK says the trilogy format is no more from here on

Post by Mecha82 »

Yes, maybe that is for the best. It does open up some interesting possibilities for them to go forward.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

:rolleyes: They fucked it up by not having a plan to begin with.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Kinky Vorlon
Officer

Post by Kinky Vorlon »

I guess it's a good sign when a short sighted company reverts to short term decision making. I don't care about star wars anymore. same with trek. these companies are doing nothing but fucking a corpse.
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our lives slip away moment by moment lost in that vast, terrible in-between.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/12/17/disney-ceo-bob-iger-says-future-star-wars-trilogies-are-not-being-ruled-out

Just in: Man in charge of Disney says nothing is for certain.
Power laces... alright.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Well that was to be expected. I guess they want to see how Rise of Skywalker does before making more solid plans how to continue.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
PapaPalpatine
Officer

Post by PapaPalpatine »

Into exile she must go, failed she has.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

PapaPalpatine wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:09 pm Into exile she must go, failed she has.
Well I guess nobody ever told you about failure being the greatest teacher.
Power laces... alright.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

PapaPalpatine wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:09 pm Into exile she must go, failed she has.
You must be joking right. I mean no one in they right mind would say something so stupid with straight face.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Mecha82 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:32 pm
You must be joking right. I mean no one in they right mind would say something so stupid with straight face.
Fact is that she was the one that put the politics into the Disney trilogy. She was the one that made it controversial. She was the one that thus stopped Disney Star Wars (to quote Jim Sterling when he talks about Triple AAAyyyy videogames) from not making ALL the money.

That last part is what it comes down to. It has made money. But I bet you that it has not met the targets that Disney had when they bought Star Wars. They wanted a new MCU, and that simply is not what they got.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.