How would you have done the Star Wars sequel trilogy?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Re: How would you have done the Star Wars sequel trilogy?

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

When I was actually thinking about this over a decade ago, I'm ashamed to admit my plans also resurrecting the Emperor.

Besides that I had ideas that might have been better. I should mention that I had some very incomplete and out of context knowledge of the old EU from just seeing toys. Mainly these.
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7504/16242605242_6217d65dbe_o.jpg

The set I actually owned was the middle one. I somehow did not at first notice Thrawn's blue skin. And I thought Mara Jade was the daughter of Han and Leia. I also thought the General in the last set was an Imperial general.

So my mistaken impressions about what those Toys were was the main basis for the Trilogy I once tried to construct in my head. The details changed.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

If we are to keep the same concept of good versus evil. Then I think Snoke as before in the first is kept as a hologram. Second movie is his reveal and turns out he was one of the secret apprentices Palpatine had to potentially replace Vader. Perhaps, maybe even make him a failed experiment in creating life through the Dark Side like it was said in Episode 3.

First movie is about investigating rumors and disturbances in the Unknown Regions of the Galaxy about a significant force being built up. New Republic is at full power. Leia is a powerful political figure. Figure she may have had 30 years worth of political history. Ben is an apprentice to Luke. One of his originals. Maybe introduce a second one to be fodder for later on.

Rey is discovered on Planet X during the investigation. She is powerful in the Force. Rey and Ben have a thing, but Rey is wild and dangerous due to her being sensitive to the Force. Ben is level headed (new actor too that doesn't look like a emo guitar player for a third rate band).

Poe is still the hotshot pilot and he is the one who discovers the New Order. Luke and his merry band of Rey, Ben and Han have to rescue him.

Rey is not a Palpatine. She is a nobody but just a Force sensitive person that pops up in the Galaxy that in the Old days she would have been wisked up by the old Jedi Order.

Ben Solo is captured in the first movie and twisted by Snoke. Rey befriends him before his capture and after his turn to the Dark Side is nearly killed by him. Luke saves her in the last second before retreating at the grand entrance of the New Order. Han before the retreat tries to convince Ben to come back to the Light, but Ben kills him. He wears the helmet at the end of the movie after this. No big planet destroying weapon just a huge ass fleet with huge ass ships.

Second movie involves Luke standing off in front of Snoke as the two most powerful Force users. He is overwhelmed by Snoke and Darth Ren and becomes with the Force. Snoke also attacks the Jedi Temple and Academy on Planet Bubble Gum. Scattering the apprentices. Darth Ren is part of it and stands against his former friend (the other Jedi apprentice Luke was training with Ben). Kills him.

Rey is being trained by Leia in this movie (as Carrie Fisher is alive by this point). Luke wasn't going to train her as he wants to rescue Ben from Snoke before he truly goes Dark Side. Rey senses Luke in a vision going to be in trouble. She comes in time to assist Luke against Darth Ren and Snoke. She sort of gets in the way of the fight as her training is incomplete. Luke dies, she taps into the Dark Side and temporarily overwhelms Darth Ren. Snoke captures her temporarily before she escapes. Hindsight 20/20 knowing Carrie Fisher dies, Leia dies somehow in the second film.

Thats what I got so far.
I got nothing to say here.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Ugh, the only version of connecting Snoke to the past that I would be fine with is him being Plageuis, other TLJ's who cares decision is fine. I hate all of the EU's bending of the Rule of Two.
PapaPalpatine
Officer

Post by PapaPalpatine »

Continuing from my previous post:

6) Snoke was the product of one of Darth Plagueis's experiments, one he kept secret even from Palpatine/Sideous. Snoke spent the Clone Wars and the first half of the Galactic Civil War in a stasis pod at one of Plagueis's laboratories before someone accidentally awakened him.

7) Boba Fett escaped the Sarlac by giving the beast "a fatal case of indigestion." After a couple more decades as the galaxy's most feared bounty hunter, he retired and became the new owner and manager of a popular bar in Mos Eisle.

(More later)
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

https://jaredmithrandirolorin.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-sequel-trilogy-needed-male-princess.html
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

:lol: You know, there was a character that could have been thought of as a "male princess" in one of the Star Wars books I read that took place right after Return of the Jedi.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Admiral X wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:48 am :lol: You know, there was a character that could have been thought of as a "male princess" in one of the Star Wars books I read that took place right after Return of the Jedi.
Can you link me to his Wookipedia page?
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Isolder
-TR
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

How would people have felt about a protagonist who was not a Jedi or Force sensitive, but was basically another Solo type?
-TR