Exosquad season one and two are back on Peacock

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
thisithis
Officer

Exosquad season one and two are back on Peacock

Post by thisithis »

NBCUniversal the guys that now own the rights to Exosquad have season one and two on Peacock the streaming network NBCUniversal also own. The good news is that it is free to watch and sadly placed in the kid's section. Because having a show about Slavery, Racism, and is willing to kill off major characters, and not forgetting genetically engineered species, and not giving the ability to reproduce is a right show for kids. The Unsullied would be so proud.
Robovski
Captain

Re: Exosquad season one and two are back on Peacock

Post by Robovski »

I'm glad bored kids will get to watch this show.
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

wish they would put season 2 on dvd
thisithis
Officer

Post by thisithis »

chaos42 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:46 am wish they would put season 2 on dvd
Me to. :D
thisithis
Officer

Post by thisithis »

Robovski wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:40 am I'm glad bored kids will get to watch this show.
If you want, you can get those guys that do reaction videos to react to the first season of Exosquad. Maybe three Eps at a time since it's pretty long.
thisithis
Officer

Post by thisithis »

Set a look this up from the beginning but... https://uspto.report/Search/exosquad

Still, many people out there think Exosquad was made by Playmates and was made to get rid or take over Robotech and Battletech. it's all a lie and that link from the US Patent Office proves it. but, this is what happens when you fight bad perception.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

thisithis wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:03 pm NBCUniversal the guys that now own the rights to Exosquad have season one and two on Peacock the streaming network NBCUniversal also own. The good news is that it is free to watch and sadly placed in the kid's section. Because having a show about Slavery, Racism, and is willing to kill off major characters, and not forgetting genetically engineered species, and not giving the ability to reproduce is a right show for kids. The Unsullied would be so proud.
Not any worse than a children's cartoon where people are turned into zombies, having a cannibal monster eating its siblings onscreen or a guy drowning in a river mixed with acid and screaming it's eating his flesh.

youtu.be/DKyL6y7FZ8

youtu.be/pqajDgI3DLU
Last edited by sayla0079 on Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thisithis
Officer

Post by thisithis »

sayla0079 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:14 pmNot any worse than a children's cartoon where people are turned into zombies, having a cannibal monster eating its siblings onscreen or a guy drowning in a river mixed with acid and screaming it's eating his flesh.
I take it that you're talking about an Anime??? Even that anime does sound worse than what happened in Exosquad, is it in the Kids section in the streaming Service that is stuck to?

Even though Exosquad doesn't have zombies-eating kids, at least it's not owned by a company that at least didn't take the time to watch or at least get someone to watch the show. Or at least find someone who already watched the show. What NBC/Universal is doing with the Exosquad brand name is well stupid.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

thisithis wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:23 pm
sayla0079 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:14 pmNot any worse than a children's cartoon where people are turned into zombies, having a cannibal monster eating its siblings onscreen or a guy drowning in a river mixed with acid and screaming it's eating his flesh.
I take it that you're talking about an Anime??? Even that anime does sound worse than what happened in Exosquad, is it in the Kids section in the streaming Service that is stuck to?

Even though Exosquad doesn't have zombies-eating kids, at least it's not owned by a company that at least didn't take the time to watch or at least get someone to watch the show. Or at least find someone who already watched the show. What NBC/Universal is doing with the Exosquad brand name is well stupid.
No, I'm talking about an old American cartoon years before Exo Squad called Inhumanoids
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

My point is many cartoons from the past while aimed at children will show grown-up themes. Some such as Exo Squad due it in a mature way while others such as Inhumanoids do it in a twisted way.