SF Debris on Tabletop genre?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
King Green
Officer

SF Debris on Tabletop genre?

Post by King Green »

Haven't been active in a while due to listening to Warhammer and Shadowrun audiobooks.

Which brings this topic to light: Is it possible for Chuck to review various tabletop games like WH40k or Dungeons & Dragons?
There is a lot, and I mean a lot, of lore crammed in those examples.

He would probably talk a bit of 40k, being a parody of 80's and techo-kingdom building. I haven't read much on Twitter b/c I don't give a golden shit of the pathological abuse of information.
But how any of you fare on him to review these pre-cpu gaming entities and not have him spend $600 on mini's?
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
Beelzquill
Officer

Re: SF Debris on Tabletop genre?

Post by Beelzquill »

I think he could talk about the story backgrounds and lore. I could see him reviewing the Horus Heresy novels down the line. As for Dungeons and Dragons, unless he personally plays or has played in a group in the past, he just wouldn't be able to properly describe the gist of it. I definitely don't think he'd spend $600 dollars on mini's (and however much the paint is nowadays) without getting paid by the requester him/herself. He probably would look into it a little, realize how ridiculous it's priced and politely decline to do it.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Beelzquill wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:49 am I think he could talk about the story backgrounds and lore. I could see him reviewing the Horus Heresy novels down the line. As for Dungeons and Dragons, unless he personally plays or has played in a group in the past, he just wouldn't be able to properly describe the gist of it. I definitely don't think he'd spend $600 dollars on mini's (and however much the paint is nowadays) without getting paid by the requester him/herself. He probably would look into it a little, realize how ridiculous it's priced and politely decline to do it.
Who needs $600 minis? You can get started with a free PDF (https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules), Google (search 'roll a d20'), and IMAGINAAAATION!

Or the official mobile app, they have that now (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rcompanion).
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I would like to see him try, but with his already busy scedule I doubt he could.