Will Horizon Forbidden West Have More DLCs Post Burning Shores

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Winter
Captain

Will Horizon Forbidden West Have More DLCs Post Burning Shores

Post by Winter »

At the end of Burning Shores we're given a final cutscene with Sylens where it's revealed that he's found several locations that could have artifacts that could help in the coming battle with Nemesis (four in total) and all set around the Forbidden West. This has led some to believe that this isn't set up for the next game but instead an upcoming set of DLCs, each including something for the next game.

Personally, I'm not sure about that as Burning Shores is going to be a rather tough act to follow. I mean Burning Shores introduced new skills, a flying mount that can also go underwater, gave us one of the best weapons in the game with the Specter Gauntlet, THE biggest boss fight in the series with a Metal Devil and the first romance option in the series with Seyka. Trying to up the scales from there isn't going to work and I can't see anyone in the studio wanting to try.

I guess they could include a new antagonist who will play a major role and be the Khan to Aloy's Kirk but that's about it and even then they would have a hard act to follow given how much depth and development Seyka had.

I also heard that this is set up for the upcoming Multiplayer game but I can't see that working as not everyone like multiplayer games and I think the studio said that the said MP wouldn't be required playing for the next game.

However, I don't see this as set up for the next game as we've been getting a lot of hints both in the base game and Burning Shores that we'll be heading to where the Quen live instead of staying in the states as Elisabet's story there is finished and outside this set up there's not much left in this part of the Horizon world to explore.

I would be wrong, maybe we will get more then one DLC with each being as expansive as Burning Shores but smartly trying to avoid upping the stakes. Or maybe the next game will stay in the states and skip the Quen (doubtful given all the set up but still possible).

Thoughts?