Silly Gay Thoughts on My Adventures With Superman: I Want Livewire to be Redeemed and Get a Girlfriend

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Winter
Captain

Silly Gay Thoughts on My Adventures With Superman: I Want Livewire to be Redeemed and Get a Girlfriend

Post by Winter »

I know I'm in the minority on this but I REALLY like My Adventures With Superman's take on Livewire. Part of that is I never really liked the character to begin with, I found her more annoying with a rather lackluster origin, she was a talk show hostess who disliked how Superman was more popular then her. I never enjoy this kind of character, I hated with screwball and I didn't like it with Livewire. I know there are people like this in real life but that doesn't make not annoying when it comes to villains I want to be either scared of or intrigued by them.

The only time when I like characters like Livewire is when their in a comedy because then their part of a joke.

But in MAWSM I loved how she was changed. She's someone I can take as an actual threat and I want to know more about her history. I want to know how she got like how she did, what happened to her that made her such a bitch.

She honestly reminds me of Catra from She-Ra which isn't surprising as, if I remember correctly, a lot of the people who worked on She-Ra also worked on MAWSM. And as such I have this hope that Livewire is redeemed down the line... and be gay.

A big chunk of that is something I've noticed over the years which is very few supervillains are given a chance to reform and join the heroes, at least as far as adaptations go. Harley Quinn is the most notable example as she went from henchwoman to hero over the course of a few decades. However, that's the exception not the norm.

I think it would be interesting to have the first villain that Clark went up against in this new show to become an ally. It might now happen but I would like to see it.