What Happened to Age of Ultron videos?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
SpikePrime
Redshirt

What Happened to Age of Ultron videos?

Post by SpikePrime »

heyup, I was going to revisit a couple of videos which had been posted publicly on Chuck's site a while back, reciews of the Age of Ultron comics. Apparently they'd previously been Patreon exclusive when they were first made, but got put up for general viewing after a while.

For some reason, they're now private again. Any reason for the change?

https://sfdebris.com/videos/special/ageofultron.php
TGLS
Captain

Re: What Happened to Age of Ultron videos?

Post by TGLS »

SpikePrime wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:49 am heyup, I was going to revisit a couple of videos which had been posted publicly on Chuck's site a while back, reciews of the Age of Ultron comics. Apparently they'd previously been Patreon exclusive when they were first made, but got put up for general viewing after a while.

It's because they were on Vimeo. Vimeo wanted thousands of dollars to host the videos so that's that.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
SpikePrime
Redshirt

Post by SpikePrime »

TGLS wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:17 am
SpikePrime wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:49 am heyup, I was going to revisit a couple of videos which had been posted publicly on Chuck's site a while back, reciews of the Age of Ultron comics. Apparently they'd previously been Patreon exclusive when they were first made, but got put up for general viewing after a while.

It's because they were on Vimeo. Vimeo wanted thousands of dollars to host the videos so that's that.
Wait, what? Are you saying they were specifically going to charge Chuck a small fortune to host the videos? When did that start?
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

SpikePrime wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:07 am

Wait, what? Are you saying they were specifically going to charge Chuck a small fortune to host the videos? When did that start?
Not the age of ultron videos specifically, but all his videos. That's why we've seen this silly dance between BitChute, Dailymotion and finally back to YouTube.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
SpikePrime
Redshirt

Post by SpikePrime »

TGLS wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:08 am
SpikePrime wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:07 am

Not the age of ultron videos specifically, but all his videos. That's why we've seen this silly dance between BitChute, Dailymotion and finally back to YouTube.
I have recently heard similar stories from other creators, such as Linkara. He mentioned there'd always been a price of a few hundred bucks to host his videos on DailyMotion, but because of their bandwidth limitation rules it was going to start costing thousands. So apparently it's hitting him now too. I had no idea, I figured DailyMotion would be similar to YouTube but apparently not.