No More Voyager?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
SpikePrime
Redshirt

No More Voyager?

Post by SpikePrime »

Just saw the latest episode of the Opinionted Episode Guide on Voyager, and... huh. The review was fine, as usual, but it felt a little underwhelming. It was just... another review. It got to me, but only because at the start, he said this is the last Voyager review he had to cover. The fact it's just another review feels weird.

There was only the briefest mention of it being the last Voyager episode at the start, then the subject was dropped for the rest of the episode. There was a normal conclusion to just this episode with no further word on the matter.

It finished and all I could think was that, I felt like there'd be some celebration, or big video event, or some coda to the series or something. It has, after all been well over a decade of video reviews, and even longer considering the old text reviews.

Was anyone else expecting a bit more from the final SFDebris Voyager review?
Last edited by SpikePrime on Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
TGLS
Captain

Re: No More Voyager?

Post by TGLS »

SpikePrime wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:35 pm Just saw the latest episode of the Opinionted Episode Guide on Voyager, and... huh. The review was fine, as usual, but it felt a little underwhelming. It was just... another review.

This was the latest Voyager episode left to be done. There's half a dozen left.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

TGLS wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:44 pm
SpikePrime wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:35 pm Just saw the latest episode of the Opinionted Episode Guide on Voyager, and... huh. The review was fine, as usual, but it felt a little underwhelming. It was just... another review.

I thought that was what he meant since I'm sure I saw mention of a few more a little while ago, but it did sound a bit like "this is the last Voyager review."
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

Riedquat wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:32 pm

I thought that was what he meant since I'm sure I saw mention of a few more a little while ago, but it did sound a bit like "this is the last Voyager review."
I am wondering what's going to happen when he's done with VOY and the other series like TNG and DS9. Also, if each score is relative to the series where is the 0 for TOS?
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

phantom000 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:51 pm

I am wondering what's going to happen when he's done with VOY and the other series like TNG and DS9. Also, if each score is relative to the series where is the 0 for TOS?
And the children shall lead
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Spam-desu
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

TGLS wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:57 pm
phantom000 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:51 pm

And the children shall lead
I thought Spock's Brain was too, but I just checked and see that got a 1. Probably due to hints of so bad its good.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I mean he got plenty of other stuff to review, and even more star trek stuff.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

They're putting out new Trek content faster than he puts out Star Trek reviews, he'll be fine.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
cilantro
Officer

Post by cilantro »

So is he done with the entire series? I usually like his Voyager reviewers but overall I can understand him being completely done with reviewing the entire series.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

cilantro wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:29 am So is he done with the entire series? I usually like his Voyager reviewers but overall I can understand him being completely done with reviewing the entire series.
No, there's still half a dozen for him to do
Spam-desu