What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
McAvoy
Captain

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by McAvoy »

Diablo II because I want to.

And I just found out they remastered it.
I got nothing to say here.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Signalis. Best original survival horror game in decades.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Cult of the Lamb. A cross between a zeldaesque hack and slay and a light cult manager. You're in the role of a lamb to be sacrificed to a quadriga of dark gods, due to a prediction regarding their extermination and fall from power. But a fifth intervenes and gives you a lease on life, under the condition that you go for a crusade against his counter-parts, in order to free him from the chains those four gods bound him by.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

I saw Subnautica on sale so I bought it. I can see why people like Minecraft but for it always got boring because it seemed like there was no point. I build a shelter, set up my farm to grow food, build my workshop for tools and now what? To hold my interest there needed to be some kind of 'end-game' like you are trying to stay alive long enough to achieve something which is what you are doing in Subnautica for me that is awesome!
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

phantom000 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:12 pm I saw Subnautica on sale so I bought it. I can see why people like Minecraft but for it always got boring because it seemed like there was no point. I build a shelter, set up my farm to grow food, build my workshop for tools and now what? To hold my interest there needed to be some kind of 'end-game' like you are trying to stay alive long enough to achieve something which is what you are doing in Subnautica for me that is awesome!
Enjoy the experience :)

As for the point of Minecraft, the endgame is killing the Ender Dragon and creating a world to your liking. You playing basically is the endgame.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

I've been deep in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. There is so much to explorer and find. Even getting it launch day, May 12, I am still haven't completed the whole map or shrines. I want to finish it by Labor Day before I have to deal with students again.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Just picked up Baldur's Gate III. I'm almost certain my PC won't be able to run it very well, but I'm still going to give it a shot.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

I'm back on a FTL kick again. Such a good game, even so much years later, and one day I'll finally beat all those ships on hard.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Playing a bit with Cyberpunk 2077 new patch last few days but I've mostly been playing Baldurs Gate 3.

Incidentally the narrator outtakes on YouTube are hilarious.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.