TV Tropes can ruin your life...your life SPECIFICALLY.

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
King Green
Officer

TV Tropes can ruin your life...your life SPECIFICALLY.

Post by King Green »

I'm going to say it and secondly sorry for not being online for a while, was called in even though I was firm that I couldn't take the risk of the new mutations of our current pandemic. My bosses in the offices are genuine warlords in disguise.

Now firstly, F*****************!!!!! I apologies to any member who was reading this post with their kids or animals.

TV Tropes banned me for not following their Golden Rule of "Don't be a dick". Or what I learned more accurately don't be a dick to our hard-pressed media pages we no LONGER allow any other changes to unless it's from the mods or admins. This nonsense started with me cussing out some hardcore Trekkies on the nature Vulcan's inevitable cultural extinction and Romulans not honoring the adoption of Sarek's teachings, or more accurately since most Vulcans are like ES Argonians, be PROGRAMMED with those laws inside their meat heads.
I attempted to appeal for an apology for my outburst and more common sense wise acceptance that the questions page is too rigid on bad canon of Trek, you know who denied me...fupping Fighteer. The brainwashed co-leader of the dictatorship of TV Tropes and self-denial asshat against common members of the site, even when you paid for the subscription upgrade?!

I'm wonder if you can be more human to ban happy many members of a site that are needed for monthly popularity checks on review sites, which most are now corporate-owned and its sever infected with Disney-esque cpu malware, or LESS!

Whatever socializing is happening feels very false and forced into, Twitter keeps denying my reset appeals bc I forgot my password, Twitch perma-banned me bc I sent too "many" free emoji boxes, how is 15 too much??? And what's left of my craig's list account is now owned by a minor wanted serial stalker in Wisconsin?! And the cops still won't give it back even though by evidence it was hacked and stolen.

...What's your take on the website that copies itself to NK Kim.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: TV Tropes can ruin your life...your life SPECIFICALLY.

Post by hammerofglass »

I got banned from TV Tropes years ago because a mod was on a power trip and just wanted someone to grovel and I wouldn't play. The entries it was supposedly over are still unchanged from how I wrote them because there wasn't actually anything wrong with them.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

I take it that this is a response to Fighteer coming back as a mod?

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?d ... 0&page=367

The guy is a prick and the mod team of TVTropes has been getting extremely heavy handed for years. I have two suspensions of edit warring to my name and both times was CORRECTING vandalism. Apparently, I was in the wrong for not discussing it with them first(?) That seemed to be what the ''edit war'' bullshit they made me type out seemed to be saying. And for the record, I know that I was in the right because both times I saw that very same person on the VERY SAME BANNED FROM EDITING THREAD there for vandalism. Now I just ignore everything I see. Every spelling mistake, every grammar mistake, every blatantly dodgy edit.

You are right, Hammer. Regaining your editing privileges really does seem to be a case of grovelling until they accept you back.

TVTropes is notorious for its ''us vs them'' attitude when it comes to prick mods. Don't take my word for it, read the thread. The fact that Fighteer is back after everything he's done over the years with nothing more than a flat apology says everything that you need to know.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Honestly with how much time and mental load my addiction to that website was costing me they did me a favor.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

Man you're all just jealous cause some people have TVTropes pages and you don't ;)

(Mine is rather less impressive than Chuck's as it was for a fanfic I wrote. Though to be fair it was very neat that some people liked it enough to make a page for it on there, and since then a bunch of different people have contributed to it since over the years. No, I'm not going to link it :D )
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

stryke wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:19 pm Man you're all just jealous cause some people have TVTropes pages and you don't ;)

(Mine is rather less impressive than Chuck's as it was for a fanfic I wrote. Though to be fair it was very neat that some people liked it enough to make a page for it on there, and since then a bunch of different people have contributed to it since over the years. No, I'm not going to link it :D )
Random Elements
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

I was riffing off a joke of Chuck's that amused me greatly in a review but yes I suppose it is easy to google if you really wanted to.