So it turns out that you find out yourself is a clone...

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

So it turns out that you find out yourself is a clone...

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I find this to be a recurring problem development in Sci-Fi.

So to address this, I want to ask you-

You find out that you're a clone and agree that the original version of yourself has precedent rights to the identity you once presumed up until now. You know that the world's not stopping just because you figured this out. Maybe you considered me a friend. Hell I still like you. But what are you going to take into consideration once you realize that the morals you once stood for have transcended, with a high probability for the worst? Do we even matter to you anymore wtf

edit: ...jerk
..What mirror universe?
Mecha82
Captain

Re: So it turns out that you find out yourself is a clone...

Post by Mecha82 »

For one I would hope that my own real life Clone Saga wouldn't be even nearly as complicated as that Spider-Man story line from 90's. Maybe me and my clone could become twin brothers assuming of course that we area able to agree on which one is which.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Do we have the same memories or am I just a genetic clone and I have my own experiences?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Robovski wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:59 am Do we have the same memories or am I just a genetic clone and I have my own experiences?
Same fucking memories. There's been a considerable amount of time since your original was cloned -- into you.
Mecha82 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:29 am For one I would hope that my own real life Clone Saga wouldn't be even nearly as complicated as that Spider-Man story line from 90's. Maybe me and my clone could become twin brothers assuming of course that we area able to agree on which one is which.
You're the clone, guy. Sorry.
..What mirror universe?
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

OK. So we have the same memories to a certain point? That's fine, that is the difference that distinguishes us. I sure hope original me has been doing better than I have been since I was cloned off. He's basically a somewhat different me so we both now have a brother :) I hope we can hang out and chat and game and share cool things we find.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

request for clarification: does anyone other than myself and the original know i'm a clone? and is the existence of cloning tech common knowledge?
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

I do not know 'morals have transcended' part of your question. But you say we diverged years ago. So I have been going to my original's parents and been going through the associates of that person. I would tell my opposite to seek out their parents and tell them what happened. Then shoot myself in the head for being a lie.
SSJGodGoku
Officer

Post by SSJGodGoku »

The joke is on the original me then, as no one would willingly want my life and identity if they could choose otherwise.
Killerbee256
Redshirt

Post by Killerbee256 »

Honestly I don't think it would change much, other than both of us trying to use the same identity. Ie socal security number, getting a driver's license would be difficult as the modern computerized would likely detect a conflict.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

It's a lot like finding a long-lost identical twin. According to custom as established by Disney, we work to get our parents back together.