Confused Matthew Has Retired

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Confused Matthew Has Retired

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

lol@ Chase
Power laces... alright.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Cool, I'll have to watch that later.

I didn't agree with what CM had to say about the movie either, but my take on it is more of it being a generational or frame of mind thing. I really have to be in the right frame of mind to watch 2001 myself.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

Watching in theater last year, I realized that’s really the only way to truly appreciate it. I’ve seen it before at home on blu-ray but admired it more than I liked it. It’s one of those movies that are best left to be an experience you put yourself in, let it have its way with you. Not quite the same as being at home where you can just pause it anytime. It needs to be big and loud. Watching it at home is almost like watching first person footage of a rollercoaster ride. It’s just not effective, and I think that’s why there are those like Matthew who couldn’t get into it when trying to view it at home on a tv. Watching it on TV is neither fair for the film or viewer.

So I say any film lover really ought to give it a watch whenever a local theater plays it. Not a guarantee you’ll love it, but at least you’ll experience it as it was meant to be back in 1968, and understand why it was such a hit.
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

Damn, what drugs he took to go into depression...beside marijuana and the ad-popcolyse combined, that was a nightmare for my last year in college AND THE PROFESSORS SUPPORTED IT!!!! I swear the NYDOE hates youtube or its students being better that them.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

King Green wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:17 am Damn, what drugs he took to go into depression...beside marijuana and the ad-popcolyse combined, that was a nightmare for my last year in college AND THE PROFESSORS SUPPORTED IT!!!! I swear the NYDOE hates youtube or its students being better that them.
Cigarettes and vicodin.
Power laces... alright.
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

E-cigs or the regular, cause vicodin is going to be banned soon in China and South Korea.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

What does China and SK banning vicodin have to do with nicotine or Confused Matthew?
Power laces... alright.
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

Ya think America can make E-cig factories without alarming the feds or vicodin to be mass-produced without the Lawbrine vs. Laguardia case to restrict the quantity in the 49 states(We can't risk Hawaii) to 6 million in every state, no thank you bro. I did my research in drug-law.
Wild_Kraken
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Wild_Kraken »

The only time I ever seriously considered making a video was to respond to Confused Matthew's awful Lion King take. That being said, I wish him well.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

King Green wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:23 am Ya think America can make E-cig factories without alarming the feds or vicodin to be mass-produced without the Lawbrine vs. Laguardia case to restrict the quantity in the 49 states(We can't risk Hawaii) to 6 million in every state, no thank you bro. I did my research in drug-law.
So what does that have to do with Matt?
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.