What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

World of Warships. US standard battleships for the most part.
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
Revolverman
Redshirt

Post by Revolverman »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJw7IufBodE

the optimistic Roddenberry future!
Last edited by Revolverman on Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

I've been playing The Witcher 3 and Magic Duels.
anderswasright
Redshirt

Post by anderswasright »

Just started ME2 (it was free on Origin a while back) and constantly running several playthroughs of Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2. I think I have about 6-7 finished Wardens and several dozen in progress.

Getting used to ME controls is really weird, I haven't played with a shooter since the old-timey Wolfenstein back in the nineties. But I gotta get through it if I'm to reach the hot lizard man.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Should've started with the first one. :/
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Currently playing (depending on mood and time):
1. Predynastic Egypt, a worker management game set in (you guessed it) predynastic Egypt. I'm playing this on my tablet, there is a free Lite version supported by adverts if you want to give it a try. $6.00 for the PC (during the sale) or full mobile version.
2. Darkest Dungeon
3. Rimworld
4. Civilization VI
Edvarius
Officer

Post by Edvarius »

I picked up a tactics JRPG called God Wars, set in a far past mythical Japan. It's not bad, and I like that in addition to the standard classes you can use each of the characters has a unique class. It just seems that most of the time when a game has class change options the individual characters just wind up being very similar, mechanically speaking. It's also nice that the first character you get, Kintaro, isn't a swordsman. Most JRPGs seem to make the heroes swordsmen, so subversions of that are always welcome. In this case Kintaro specializes in the axe as before going off to rescue a princess his day job was "woodsman" so that's what he's got experience with, and consequentialy a passive skill for his unique class improves his accuracy while using one.

But on the downside, every character only has a single "large" portriat for when they're talking during non-animated cutscenes. And Kintaro's, well, it's probably supposed to look like he's doing a "tough guy nose flick" thing I've seen a couple of times in other Japanese media, but unfortunately since that's his one pose he's doing it constantly, even through the lipflaps and, well, it just looks like he's contstantly picking his nose. They did not think that one through.
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

I'm currently playing LucasArts' The Dig and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Love the former, but the latter is unfortunately dumbed down to the point that I'm not sure if it really qualifies as a tactical shooter.
The owls are not what they seem.
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

I'm playing Broken Age. Its had some mixed reviews but I thought the first part was very fun.

As a big fan of indie adventures and Wadjet Eye as an indie adventure developer/publisher, I'm surprised and excited to see that Chuck is reviewing Technobabylon next month. Cool to see Chuck review a relatively niche game that certainly has a lot of big ideas and is worthy of discussion (even if Primordia and Gemini Rue are the superior games published by that company imo).
The owls are not what they seem.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Started playing Final Fantasy XIV back in late April, currently up to having 23 jobs at level 51 and three at level 52. And, in preparation for Evo Japan, been trying to simultaneously learn Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Blazblue Central Fiction, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2, and King of Fighters XIV.