What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
SabreMau
Officer

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by SabreMau »

It's not playable yet, but it is official.
https://twitter.com/kfc/status/1171581460836302848
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1121910/I_Love_You_Colonel_Sanders_A_Finger_Lickin_Good_Dating_Simulator/
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

Okay first off, what in the actual fuck?
SabreMau wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:24 pm It's not playable yet, but it is official.
https://twitter.com/kfc/status/1171581460836302848
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1121910/I_Love_You_Colonel_Sanders_A_Finger_Lickin_Good_Dating_Simulator/
Mainly, I just got done playing BioShock Infinite, as well as its DLC Burial at Sea, and I must admit it's my least favorite of the 3 BioShock games. Don't get me wrong, it was a good game and I enjoyed it overall and I really enjoyed the characters like Elizabeth, but I feel the endings leave a lot to be desired, like I felt the twist about who Comstock really was was just a twist too far (I mean it makes sense and they foreshadowed it, but I don't care for it), I felt the ending of the main game was too depressing, and the DLC Lutuce twins' motivations remain too vague for the games own good, as it turns out they were manipulating events to happen in a certain way and I don't recall if they ever explained why. What did they have to gain or to lose?

Still, it's not a bad game, but I don't think I'll have the urge to replay it like I did with the first two.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Still trying to get the last 1% for Arkham Origins. My second run. This time I completed the Dark Knight Leveling system by the time I ran through the game on New Game+, so I didn't have to beat it like 3 times on I Am the Knight lol. Speaking of that though is where there's a notable issue this time around.

I ran through mostly all the completion pretty steadily, to the point where completing it on IAtK is a bit dull and frustrating. Die once and you go all the way back. Wasn't much of a problem for like 80% of the story then it caught up on me. Then happened to me again, like 2/5 of the way through. I have to embrace anxiety mode a little more as I approach predator and boss encounters with more caution and hardwire my controls to involve hitting escape and restart as soon as I start getting fired upon. It's about half as nerving as the first time playing through it, but just about as epic.
Power laces... alright.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Borderlands 3. I feel like I should apologize to anyone who doesn't like game publishers offering big in-game advantages for out-of-game money, but I have a very ethical, very moral reason for playing this game in particular. My wife made me do it.

So far it seems a lot like Borderlands 2 with a new map and new characters, and a slightly inferior UI, but we've just started. Warning to those considering it: the intro cinematic played when you start a new character is a few minutes long and cannot be skipped.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Borderlands 3 has got pay-to-win stuff? That's put me right off it. I liked 2 well enough (although I've not got around to playing the DLC) and was intending to give 3 a shot. Mind you I skipped the Pre-Sequel.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Riedquat wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:38 pm Borderlands 3 has got pay-to-win stuff? That's put me right off it. I liked 2 well enough (although I've not got around to playing the DLC) and was intending to give 3 a shot. Mind you I skipped the Pre-Sequel.
I didn't want to say "pay-to-win" because it means different things to different people, but I've read that some more expensive editions of Borderlands 3 come with loot drop and experience boosters. The stuff purchasable in-game (microtransactions) should be cosmetic.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Sounds like the same with Borderlands 2 and the golden keys. Not mad keen on the idea but at least it wasn't impossibly hard without them.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

While I haven't PLAYED it yet, I've been watching playthroughs of 'Control': the newest game from the makers of 'Alan Wake' and 'Max Payne'. Basically, take 'The Lost Room'/'Warehouse 13'/'The Librarians', mix in a heaping helping of 'The SCP Foundation' and... then let the Alan Wake guys make a game out of it. It's so fun and so trippy and I love it.

youtu.be/9QkLwj66bM0
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Since Fire Emblem Three Houses is out and I still don't have Switch I am replaying Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright on 3DS. This time I am properly playing it and I am also doing lot of side quests to level up my units.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

First time on any of the Fates games or just first serious run of Birthright?

I did not click with Conquest at all, despite being fairly familiar with the GBA games it was meant to draw from more. Played Birthright at last earlier this year and liked it better, but overall Fates is probably my least-favorite FE that I've played?

Slowly making way through my second run in Three Houses. Started with Black Eagles, it's great, doing Golden Deer now and the cast feels a lot more uneven but where it's strong it's quite strong.

Being as it's NG+, I've also hacked my way to recruiting everyone possible, which is slowing down progress a lot right now due to actually accessing all the paralogues but will probably speed up considerably past the mid-game since I"m getting quite overlevelled.