Rambo - Last Blood Review (I have not spoilered anything)

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
clearspira
Overlord

Rambo - Last Blood Review (I have not spoilered anything)

Post by clearspira »

Just gotten back from watching Rambo and all I can say is wow. Rambo has always been one of my favourite heroes and this is everything you would expect from his last ever film. It is in many ways the most human of all the Rambo films, his age and the personal conflict getting in the way just long enough until there is some killing to be done... and then he gets down to some killing.

If you love masculine, non-politically correct, kill everything men who have not been cucked by 2019 cinema, you will love this. If you loved Old Man Logan, you will love this. If you love eighties action films, you'll love this.

Where would I place this in the series so far? It is far closer to Rambo 4 in tone than anything before it, so it does depend on what you thought of that film. But me personally the series goes: 1, 5, 4, 2, 3. Not to say that 3 is bad, but it has aged terribly thanks to the whole ''praising the Mujahideen'' stuff and in many ways it is a shameless copy of 2 just now in the desert instead of the jungle.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Re: Rambo - Last Blood Review (I have not spoilered anything)

Post by Karha of Honor »

clearspira wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:44 pm Just gotten back from watching Rambo and all I can say is wow. Rambo has always been one of my favourite heroes and this is everything you would expect from his last ever film. It is in many ways the most human of all the Rambo films, his age and the personal conflict getting in the way just long enough until there is some killing to be done... and then he gets down to some killing.

If you love masculine, non-politically correct, kill everything men who have not been cucked by 2019 cinema, you will love this. If you loved Old Man Logan, you will love this. If you love eighties action films, you'll love this.

Where would I place this in the series so far? It is far closer to Rambo 4 in tone than anything before it, so it does depend on what you thought of that film. But me personally the series goes: 1, 5, 4, 2, 3. Not to say that 3 is bad, but it has aged terribly thanks to the whole ''praising the Mujahideen'' stuff and in many ways it is a shameless copy of 2 just now in the desert instead of the jungle.
Don't spoil it, Angel Has Fallen is also doing great.

This could be a great box office year for unwoke cinema.

If only Dragged Across Concrete would have killed it on the big screen... :idea:
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Karha of Honor wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:45 pm
clearspira wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:44 pm Just gotten back from watching Rambo and all I can say is wow. Rambo has always been one of my favourite heroes and this is everything you would expect from his last ever film. It is in many ways the most human of all the Rambo films, his age and the personal conflict getting in the way just long enough until there is some killing to be done... and then he gets down to some killing.

If only Dragged Across Concrete would have killed it on the big screen... :idea:
I was reminded recently by PM not to spoil stuff and they are right, it isn't fair. I tried my best this time to give a review that gave away nothing. :)
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

clearspira wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:28 pm
Karha of Honor wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:45 pm

I was reminded recently by PM not to spoil stuff and they are right, it isn't fair. I tried my best this time to give a review that gave away nothing. :)
I also meant, don't spoil Angel has Fallen which i mentioned. Don't spoil neither one of them.